Gauge opnions

lc tpi

Reaction score
I've had glowshift in my truck since I got it...going on 3 years...had one issue when I first got them, called glowshift they gave me a new one no questions asked...for the price I don't think you can beat them...seems like a lot of people have more money then they know wat to do with...I'd rather buy 3 set of glowshift then one set of the others...everyone talks like only glowshift have problems, but read the forum you will see the others have problems too...spend your money how you want, but I don't think there is that much of a difference...

you must buy all your tools at harbor freight , it isnt worth my time replacing guages every few years . buy it once and do it right. yes even the good stuff fails but the track record for the good stuff is way better. when you want quality you pay more. you will have more money and time invested in your guages than i will spend on a quality set. and lots of time failed products could also be caused by the installer.

Koda22

Reaction score
Yea well your time most be worth a lot...cause I'm not gonna waste money when I don't have to...and yes the good stuff fails, and most that bitch about glowshift have never had them...most are just brand whores...if it's not the best name they don't think it's as good...and I still have half as much money invested as you do...3years and going strong...and it prolly just the same amount of time to stall..so I'm still winnng...I have no problem spending money (when needed)..but when a cheaper product works just as well I'm not gonna waste..

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yea well your time most be worth a lot...cause I'm not gonna waste money when I don't have to...and yes the good stuff fails, and most that bitch about glowshift have never had them...most are just brand whores...if it's not the best name they don't think it's as good...and I still have half as much money invested as you do...3years and going strong...and it prolly just the same amount of time to stall..so I'm still winnng...I have no problem spending money (when needed)..but when a cheaper product works just as well I'm not gonna waste..

I have a couple glowsh!ts that suck. A measly fuel pressure gauge and a voltmeter. Neither of which work correctly. Everything else is Autometers. No issues yet with the 5 of them. My brother has the 3 in on diesel gauge and the pyro is 100° low. A couson has the same three in one gauge and boost reads 2lbs at idle and fluctuates all the time when in the throttle. So shove the brand whore up your ass. Maybe made in the USA is what some people like too.

live life full throttle

89 Stroker

Reaction score

you dont need to own them to know they suck , its already been proven they fail and are known to fail , brand whores has nothing to do with it :pointlaugh:

CSIPSD

Reaction score

Cheap Chinese junk... Are you happy to support a company that builds chit so cheap they can just send out another one?

I don't always buy American, but when I can get a quality gauge for only a few dollars more then cheap Chinese junk, I'll do it.

Isspro... made in Portland Oregon, Support the industry, have actual interaction with the forum users...

Koda22

Reaction score
Well to start I guess,lincolnlocoer, has two sets of gauges in each truck to know that the pyro is a 100 low and the boost gauge is wrong...well glad you can pay that much

Next is 89 stroker, we all said that a lot of things were great to find they sucked or or sucked and were great.... works both ways...I'm guessing you don't have or have ever had glowshift...I'm guessing tha your one of the guys that thinks only the most expensive is the best...better buy a lot of banks stuff...cause it says it's the best on the "web"

And last csipsd....don't give me the **** that "I buy American" very few will spend the extra to buy American...talk the talk, but never the walk...just cause your truck came with some nice gauges, don't come bad mouthing something you have never had...most that talk about glowshift have never had them, or had a problem and think they are horrible, so make the jump to a gauge twice/three times the price, and then they are ok with having problems cause it's "rare"

I'm not here to fight with "y'all" you know the people I wasnt talking to...but when money is tight and you only have so much to spend glowshift is a great brand.....gets the job done, and backs their company with no questions ask...doesn't say try this or that...or send it back let us try it out..but it's whatever I was just here to give my side like the rest of y'all

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
I'm not here to fight with "y'all" you know the people I wasnt talking to...but when money is tight and you only have so much to spend glowshift is a great brand.....gets the job done, and backs their company with no questions ask...

Yeah the needle moves (sometimes) and the illumination works (most of the time).
Having owned Glowshift, Autometer, Diprocol and Isspro I can tell you, with certainty, that Glowshift's accuracy is marginal at best.
Their pyrometers (at least 2 I've had) consistently read 2-300* lower than any of the other mentioned gauges, or my CTS. This is with a side by side comparison (one in each manifold, and then switched).
At least in my books the difference between a 1200* and 1500* EGT is significant.

m j

Reaction score

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Well to start I guess,lincolnlocoer, has two sets of gauges in each truck to know that the pyro is a 100 low and the boost gauge is wrong...well glad you can pay that much

Next is 89 stroker, we all said that a lot of things were great to find they sucked or or sucked and were great.... works both ways...I'm guessing you don't have or have ever had glowshift...I'm guessing tha your one of the guys that thinks only the most expensive is the best...better buy a lot of banks stuff...cause it says it's the best on the "web"

And last csipsd....don't give me the **** that "I buy American" very few will spend the extra to buy American...talk the talk, but never the walk...just cause your truck came with some nice gauges, don't come bad mouthing something you have never had...most that talk about glowshift have never had them, or had a problem and think they are horrible, so make the jump to a gauge twice/three times the price, and then they are ok with having problems cause it's "rare"

I'm not here to fight with "y'all" you know the people I wasnt talking to...but when money is tight and you only have so much to spend glowshift is a great brand.....gets the job done, and backs their company with no questions ask...doesn't say try this or that...or send it back let us try it out..but it's whatever I was just here to give my side like the rest of y'all

Lmao. Yeah thats it. I run 2 sets of gauges! Id doesn't take a mental heavyweight to know a 7.3 doesnt run down the road at 400°. Same with a boost gauge that bounces around instead of holding steady. Voltage gauge that reads 13.5v when its actually 14.2v. Fuel pressure gauge that reads over 100psi when in fact its set to 70 psi, mechanical fuel psi gauge hooked up to verify.

Just because you are the only person to have goood luck with them doesnt mean they are ok.

live life full throttle

Koda22

Reaction score
And it doesn't take a metal heavy weight to read you first and then see it completely changes on ur second post? 100 degrees off then it just sits at 400..first the boost gauge just runs funny at idle and now it jumps all over...and if you would have read the whole post there is more then one person just in this thread alone...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
And it doesn't take a metal heavy weight to read you first and then see it completely changes on ur second post? 100 degrees off then it just sits at 400..first the boost gauge just runs funny at idle and now it jumps all over...and if you would have read the whole post there is more then one person just in this thread alone...

Haha Nice try, Maybe you should reread what I said. Again, the boost gauge fluctuates, as in bounces around, Boost guages should hold steady pressure. Not fluctuate..... and no where did I mention that the egts "just sits" at 400. I said it cruises at 400 . The norm for a 7.3 is 500 to 600°.

live life full throttle

CSIPSD

Reaction score

The funny thing is, Your paying $280 for a set of junk glowshift... You could have a quality gauge, made in the USA for about $330-350 bucks...

My truck didnt come with some nice gauges, they were installed, by me. Along with my wifes Excursion, and my previous trucks. Of course if you have to have the 7 color change, disco dancing gauges, then get your glowshift, they really look right at home in a Civic, or Outback!

BTW, when does your Vtec kick in?

Koda22

Reaction score
I'm done arguing with y'all...one of y'all has them..and the other one has never had..I was just giving my personal opinion about them....no need for this thread anymore op got gauges...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.