Gauges?

Cota

Reaction score
Looking at changeing out my gauges.
Goal is to simplify wireing under the hood, under the dash and clean up the dash.

Looking at going with the CTS Insight monitor becouse it can show eight gauges with extra sensors and you can set alarm points.

Or

The Isspro Performax gauge setup to simplify wireing and can still set alarm points.

Two things I would still keep analog gauges for is fuel pressure and ICP cause I want to see what its doing as soon as I hit the key for diagnostic perposes.

Any sugestions one way or the other?
Thanks

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Really Gordon... Really?

Your killing me.

Isspro Performax are powered off the battery, they will continue to give you readings while the engine is cranking.

You can run 4 gauges in there, or 17... You can swap them out in seconds for racing, towing, Daily driving, tuning or what ever you want. What ever gauges are hooked to the ESP via there sensors will be getting a signal in the cab. Remove the fuel pressure gauge and hook up the ICP gauge and it works.

You can also have the Data logging software, or live data stream to your laptop.

Tom S

Reaction score
I think you might want to take a close look at the perfomax guages now that they have been refined.

TyCorr

Reaction score
The cts is nice if you dont want to run fifty gauges. I use my four gauges and then set the cts to monitor other pid's. If you arent doing anything serious with bigger injectors the cts.is.fine but for a hot truck, Id want an actual gauge to look at. But thats a personal preference.

Id love to get a pillar set of quad performax and then quad overhead pod with more but i.cant afford 2500 for gauges right now. But they are rad!

I do want to switch to four isspro gauges instead of my vatometers.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score

mandkole

Reaction score
Gordon, how many gauges are you consolidating? I agree with the busy-ness of having multiple gauges everywhere-- having one readout location in your sightline seems much better. The all-in-one box is pretty cool.

My scan gauge works great in the blue truck now, so its going on the column with the EGT going in the pod. Im just learning what oil temps it reads at unloaded.

Come out of the closet and change your sig bud....its getting kinda wierd :poke:

TARM

Reaction score
All in ones are cool but there is something I like about having the pods. I have a performax module and harness. I just need to pickup my gauges. Right now I am running with none which feels really weird. Trying to get it all in before a trip in two weeks.

I did a bunch of looking before going with the ISOPRO Performax. I was about to buy a new one when someone was selling a used one they had gotten two somehow. What I liked was when we talked to ISOPRO can not recall who it was I was concerned if it would be working as I had no gauges and was not going to be installing it for a while. HE said not to worry if I had an issue they would take care of it.

I really like the ability to data log as well as daisy chain.

Cota

Reaction score
Well I need the usuall gauges, EGT, boost, tranny, then fuel pressure, rail pressure, would like coolant temp and oil pressure to start.

I like the idea of having one monitor to look at verses looking all over at gauges.
But there are a couple of things I want to monitor as soon as I turn the key, and the CTS takes a second to boot up.

I want to see fuel pressure as soon as I hit the key and rail pressure as soon as it starts to crank.
Both setups will cost over $1100 I think.

I'll have to do some more research on the PCS monitor.
I havent had time to change my sig yet and I'm having a hard time letting go of the grandpa truck. LOL

JDub

Reaction score
The PCs monitor actually is quite handy. Very nice for data logging needs. Had one in the lightning. Think Dennis runs one in his race truck too

Sent from my XT907

Latest posts

Members online