gear reduction stater?

littleredstroker

Reaction score
my 3rd statrer just took a dump on me, im tired of screwing around with these pieces of junk. has anyone used the gear reduction starter from XDP?? mean green or something like that? or does anyone know where i can get a DECENT starter!?:fustrate: napa autozone and orileys are out of the question

firehunter

Reaction score

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Ok well I bought one from them only had a 2 year waranty and it burned up. Got another and the one after that they said the waranty wouldn't carry over. So I got one from autozone and within 3 months selinod cracked . Put a new selinoid on and it worked for the last 4 months now the starters just rolling over. What was the price on the gear reduction at napa

Fly By Night

Reaction score
I ordered one from a member by the name of GTOKiller on PSN, IDK if he made it over here or not. I cant remember who made it, but the engine sounds wrapped out before the injectors ever get a chance to fire! Ive has it on for 6-8 months now and love it, no issues so far. The thing is HUGE also, probably 50% larger then a reg starter, which does make it a bit of a tighter squeeze.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
well if there is one thng Ive learned in the last 2 winters of owning my frst diesel its when the weather is cold it needs fast cranking speeds to start. With how my luck with starters have been I want one i can stop screwng around with and TRUST.

Reaction score
Here's my experience.

I have a very professional full rebuild shop as well as distributor of new auto electrical products. I have a very close relationship with them. I trust them. With around 60 rigs from trash trucks to dozers to pickups we do a lot.

When I went looking for a new gear reduction starter for the 7.3, they talked me into the China knockoff of a Nippondenso that is sold by DB on ebay and many other places. After a year, they rebuilt it for me for free because it was dragging. They upgraded it to genuine ND parts too.

After another year they gave me a new Visteon, and rebuilt the ND knockoff again. I'll save it for emergencies. The Visteon lasted 12 years. The china 12 months. Not again. My supplier isn't selling them anymore.

You can get a genuine ND but it isn't cheap. But I bet it lasts longer than 12 months too. I think another of my suppliers took on ND I'll get the part # and post it.

Garbage Truck Mechanic

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.