Gear vendors or gear swap???

Sprman

Reaction score
Sweet tow rig!!! Towing my 30' 5er with my set up i get about 13 mpg. Lifted 5.5" on 36's with a gearhead race tune. Trailer weighs in right at 12K. All the temps never get bad and pulls great.

photo.jpg

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Very sharp truck, love the color and the look of the 05+ F450/550's. Air ride or at least an air ride fifth wheel hitch would be a must with that factory suspension though!

imelmo

Reaction score
I have been a closet 6.0 lover for a while now after fixing a few and seeing just how good they ran:toast:

Thanks for the advice guys.

I wish I would've video'd your face when you drove my white '04 for the first time when it was just tuner/intake/exhaust. After he got on it some he checked to make sure he didn't accidentally turn the nitrous switch on. LOL

Last edited:

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
You were hating though.....

A member of this forum (of which you moderate) was asking a legit question about something unrelated to the longevity of his 6.0, and you just had to comment about your opinion of the 6.0's in a smart ass way.

A good saying comes to mind...let sleeping dogs lie.

Dude its all good. Its a poke at some friends wrapped in some experience and opinion. Dave and I have went back and forth online for years, I've even bought a few things off the wizzard. Its the net... don't take it too seriously.

EnterKO

Reaction score
Dude its all good. Its a poke at some friends wrapped in some experience and opinion. Dave and I have went back and forth online for years, I've even bought a few things off the wizzard. Its the net... don't take it too seriously.

Understood.

You do hate 6.0's though...:flipa:

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
You do hate 6.0's though...:flipa:

No doubt! LOL :flipa:

That's a real nice rig David! I missed the pic on my phone last night - that is pretty much along the lines of what I want my next truck purchase to be. I keep hoping to find an F450 King Ranch that needs umm... well... a motor.. LOL

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
No doubt! LOL :flipa:

That's a real nice rig David! I missed the pic on my phone last night - that is pretty much along the lines of what I want my next truck purchase to be. I keep hoping to find an F450 King Ranch that needs umm... well... a motor.. LOL

Very nice truck David. I'm a fan of the flatbed...

Looks like the perfect toy hauler! :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, I figure worse comes to worse and I get bored I can drop a 6.4 in place. Body and interior is like new so it's worth putting a lil money and time into.

RubberDuck

Reaction score
I must have a rare gv. I tow the crap out of mine in double OD. For the last 80,000 miles. No problems. (29,200 last i weighted )Also the only way I think they will leave your stranded is if your tear the oneway clutch out of it. Most people have problems with friction clutch which then they just dont engage but you still have direct. But i will also admit they are not for everyone. Sometimes towing i just want to drive and not worry about shifting. Unloaded i just leave it in.

I pull the guts out of mine too hauling the puller, or mud truck. Pull in double od all the time. I'm only limited by my EGT's while doing so. I love my GV, and can't imagine being without it. But your right, they are not for everyone.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.