Gearbox dpf-r

STEVEFX64

Reaction score
Been lurking here and few other places for awhile now and I'm looking at deleting my dpf. I know h&s and spartan seem to be the main two but I'm not looking for a horsepower gain. I would just like to be able to run an exhaust kit and maybe block my egr. Does anyone know anything about the dpf-r from gearbox or has anyone used it? It says it has a stock tune that deletes the dpf. Just curious if this would be a good way to delete the dpf without dropping $1500

Crack85

Reaction score
Right now all I can say is u gotta pay to play literally. Good luck finding a Dpf delete without dropping the coin.

STEVEFX64

Reaction score
It's just hard to justify $1600 to turn a dpf off and not add tuning if I don't want/need it. Keep the feedback coming guys!

jimdawg185

Reaction score
These trucks have endlessly complicated lines of code that took literally thousands of hours to crack and recode to properly delete certain pieces of the management system. This cost these companies money to do this correctly on such a complex system. This is why these things cost what they do. If you spend less you are getting less, and trust me you could quite possibly pay much more in the long run. Your truck is an expensive investment. It requires expensive maintenance to prolong its life. Just as it requires relatively expensive electronics to improve its factory limitations. Do yourself a huge favor, do it right the first time!

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
Paying $1000-1500 to prolong your trucks life by getting rid of the dpf & egr is pennies compared to a rebuild..... Don't ask how I know!!

RedRice589

Reaction score
Hey man my 6.4 had one it had a ford sign on it don't know the significance. It had block off plates and no Dpf. Ran well shifted like stock no codes. It's up to you I sold mine on eBay for 500 after I took it off. Mileage was pretty good as well didn't pull with it though.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I never looked into how much those actually cost.

wow... you could buy a used XRT PRO for a hair more and have a quality unit with decent tunes

Reaction score
Iam running a dpf-r. I have had it on for probably 4 or 5,000 miles. I havent had the first problem with it. There has beeen a couple people who had problem installing them. But I dont blame you for not wanting to spend big money if thats not what you want. Everyone on here has there own opinion, but its your cash and you got to come up with it. People like to dis other products just because there not sponsors or in the site. But there are lots of good products out there that are dissed on this site. I personally like my dpf-r. Ya its not a performance tune, but it does exactly what i bought it for.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Iam running a dpf-r. I have had it on for probably 4 or 5,000 miles. I havent had the first problem with it. There has beeen a couple people who had problem installing them. But I dont blame you for not wanting to spend big money if thats not what you want. Everyone on here has there own opinion, but its your cash and you got to come up with it. People like to dis other products just because there not sponsors or in the site. But there are lots of good products out there that are dissed on this site. I personally like my dpf-r. Ya its not a performance tune, but it does exactly what i bought it for.

I don't think the "diss" was because they aren't a sponsor, but because there are benefits to the other tuners. Why limit yourself to stock power? With H&S you can leave the dpf on and tune it(pointless IMO but you CAN). Run it stock with the DPF off, run any of the canned tunes, or get custom tunes(like a towing tune). From my understanding, the bigger tunes(the quality ones) can net you better mpg if you keep your foot out of it. You can also monitor certain parameters. Personally, I'd get the H&S(if you don't like it, I'll buy it from ya in the future lol).

Sent from the Bayou

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
They work just fine, just don't get the huge HP gains. But there is one that has a small 70 hp bump. They're just cheap because they are so simple in design, its just a no frills little box with two Y / N buttons that talks to you. You pay more for power tuning and the device its self and functions it offers. These are just a stripped down economy priced version of those, but there isn't anything wrong with how they function. Not the best thing on the market but they were more for the guys like the OP, people who are not looking for top HP or all the bells and whistles the higher quality tuners bring to the table.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
Just get xrt pro, put it on dpf delete no power and throw it in the glove box. It's not a matter of if you will want more power but when. When I first bought my truck I was like you just wanted to rid the dpf for better milage....now look at my signature. lol

bad12jr

Reaction score
So my question is does it work. I have a guy I work with that just wants something for when the warrenty is out to throw in the closet. He even doesn't want power all he does is pull the occasional light trailer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
So my question is does it work. I have a guy I work with that just wants something for when the warrenty is out to throw in the closet. He even doesn't want power all he does is pull the occasional light trailer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Works perfectly fine.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.