gen3 and 250/100's

TARM

Reaction score
I plan to, what do the temps get to in your area most everyone I talk to tells me that I suddent use the 5w40 the only oil I should use is 15w40 but personal I think it is fine. temps here range from highs in of like 100 to 0. Just wanted to see what your input was on the matter.

Then ask them what is the actual technical reason for doing that beyound that is what so and so said or what they read etc. Do they have any uoa to support this? The fact is 5w40 15w40 etc once warmed up they all have the same basic vicosity ie SAE.40. Where it does change is with blends or dino oils the large the dif between cold and warm vis takes more viscosity modifiers addtives need to be added. But wih high quailty syn like poa the vicosity range ability of just the base is much greater than with dyno and blends. What you do get with full syn 5w40 is a more consistent oil viscoity thru the entire temp range versus 15w40. You will also notice in most applications with the heui improvement, sometimes only slight, in throttle response. It will be snappier. Also with poa base they tend to resist shearing the best as well. I can only say this applies to high quailty oil.

TyCorr

Reaction score
back to the srp1.

How are you supposed to buy an item with a core charge when its backordered? Do they notify you when you can send yours in? I only have one hpop and dont really want to go junkyarding to find a core that might be junk anyway.

I cant take mine off and be w/o for three months!

TARM

Reaction score
Call the vendor of dyour choice and theyil get you on the list and tel you the process

TyCorr

Reaction score
Call the vendor of dyour choice and theyil get you on the list and tel you the process

Ten Rogie! I found a complete motor out of a van and wonder if the hpop on that would be suitable as a core? Im gonna have to find out.

Latest posts

Members online