Gen3 oil?

ibestroken

Reaction score
Just curious to what kind of oil people are running in their trucks that run a gen3 and healthy injectors? Curious because you have to spin one longer before they start with no reservoir up top anymore. This is for a pullin truck if that matters. Ive always ran rotella 15w40 in the motor that's coming out of the truck.

Thanks

ibestroken

Reaction score
Thanks for the input fellas. So I am assuming the 5w40 is gone be the way to go. And to 02bigD, this truck will prob never see another 5000k of road miles. It will be 99% pull truck.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor. Throw that rotella crap in the trash. I wouldn't run that on my 500$ beater if it was free.

Mobil1
Schaffers
Valvoline
Amsoil
Etc

02BigD

Reaction score
Thanks for the input fellas. So I am assuming the 5w40 is gone be the way to go. And to 02bigD, this truck will prob never see another 5000k of road miles. It will be 99% pull truck.

I just mentioned that for folks who may search and come across this thread. I'm curious to hear someone with a pure pulling 7.3 and how often they change the oil.

X2 with what Dieselboy said. Any good synthetic, will serve your needs just fine.

DocBar

Reaction score
I change mine every 4 passes.

Does the oil get sheared that quickly with your truck or are there other reasons? I usually just let my truck tell me when to change the oil. It might be 2k miles or 5k+ miles. Truck starts running like crap, it's time to change the oil.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
:whs: oil changes get expensive during the summer
Stock up on delo 15-40 and mobile one filters off amazon for 7-8 bucks a piece and free shipping.

Does the oil get sheared that quickly with your truck or are there other reasons? I usually just let my truck tell me when to change the oil. It might be 2k miles or 5k+ miles. Truck starts running like crap, it's time to change the oil.
being hooked to a sled and running well over stock rpm with big oil takes a toll on it quick. Why chance it?

live life full throttle

DocBar

Reaction score
Stock up on delo 15-40 and mobile one filters off amazon for 7-8 bucks a piece and free shipping.

being hooked to a sled and running well over stock rpm with big oil takes a toll on it quick. Why chance it?

live life full throttle
I order all kinds of stuff from Amazon and never thought about oil. Good advice!! Thanks!!

ibestroken

Reaction score
Wow! Every 4 passes. Bet that gets expensive. I pull 2.5 and hot street so that's typically 2 hooks an event. Not sure I will do it that often but thanks for the advice on oil though.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Wow! Every 4 passes. Bet that gets expensive. I pull 2.5 and hot street so that's typically 2 hooks an event. Not sure I will do it that often but thanks for the advice on oil though.

When you have 20k into a motor alone whats $60? why chance it?

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online