Gen3 oil?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Id bet money the puling truck oci has as much to do with fuel dilution as shear. A qt or two of diesel fuel in the oil doesnt do bearings any good.

Ive changed tranny fluid after running the truck hard as ***k, regardless of how.old/new the fluid was. Probably mine lasted 250k miles and only failed because I thought larger injectors and a race tune would.be fine on it.

Oil is cheap and motors are not.

Reaction score
Id bet money the puling truck oci has as much to do with fuel dilution as shear. A qt or two of diesel fuel in the oil doesnt do bearings any good.

Ive changed tranny fluid after running the truck hard as ***k, regardless of how.old/new the fluid was. Probably mine lasted 250k miles and only failed because I thought larger injectors and a race tune would.be fine on it.

Oil is cheap and motors are not.

Can you elaborate on the fuel dilution. I know what it is but how would this be happening?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I'm not sure you tell me? It sounded like you were talking about their fuel treatment.....this is an oil treatment kinda like RevX

Yeah the stuff you dump directly in with the oil... unless they have changed it, then there is no way I would put it in my oil... youtube shows a nice video of the Schaeffers oil turning completely airated when that stufff was added to the oil.

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I understand where you're coming from. Although you can barely change the oil with plain ol rotella for $60. How much do those synthetics yall mentioned run a gallon?

I dont run synthetic. I run delo 15-40 at $12 a gallon and a 8 dollar filter.

live life full throttle

ibestroken

Reaction score
ahh gotcha. I went back and read where you posted that. I thought maybe you were running one of those 5w40 brands mentioned earlier.

PSDEng

Reaction score
Yeah the stuff you dump directly in with the oil... unless they have changed it, then there is no way I would put it in my oil... youtube shows a nice video of the Schaeffers oil turning completely airated when that stufff was added to the oil.

live life full throttle

Idk man I've never used the stuff so I can't comment on its performance. His pulling motor went 5 years or so without touching it though.

dieselman47

Reaction score
I'm not sure you tell me? It sounded like you were talking about their fuel treatment.....this is an oil treatment kinda like RevX

Thats correct Nick... We stock and sell Schaeffers,Rotella,and Mobil Delvac 1300. We have done aeration tests on the 7.3 using IDS software with no aeration problems from any of them. Check the additive package of any oil to determind the quality.(Zinc etc}

02BigD

Reaction score
If I would've known you carried Schaffers, I would've asked you to throw that back in the truck. After you threw my 560 mile Amsoil in your heater.....:poke:

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score
O i use a quart of syn lucas additive every oil change too. After 4 hooks its black and smells like raw diesel fuel. Could prob go 5 runs depending on track and sled sometimes but too much money in the engine to skimp. A fast sled and good track a pull dont take long. A crappy lead sled on a crappy track is hard on chit.

Latest posts

Members online