Gets in need of some help....

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Ok long story short- truck loaded down for the weekend... Rolled into throttle to get on to entrance ramp of freeway and before I hit the ramp truck died! Couldn't get it started! Doesn't even throw a code. I checked fuel bowl and filter... It was good....

I have updated STC fitting... Batts date code 3/11... Truck turns over but no start up. Got towed to a local shop- not diesel mech but knows a bit. ICP volt was at .2v so unplugged and still no start up. After so much cranking batts died and took FOREVER to charge. Replaced billet fuel cap with OEM since it lost some from there but I think it was not completely tight from checkin on side road. Only codes thrown was low inject pressure from reset fuel pump and ECM/PCM processor code..... No crank still. Left truck in shop till
Mornin! Any ideas!? Recommendations??

Snake

Reaction score
OEM oil filter and cap? If not, try that first. Just happened to a friend of mine a few weeks ago.

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
What's icp when cranking...plugged in, If it doesnt fire when unplugged? Sounds like hpop failure...

G Racing

Reaction score
Sounds like you have a high pressure oil issue. You need to test the system before jumping to an injector. I would also take it to a shop that knows how to diagnose the issue. David at DI is close and there is Dorian at PSE. Both excellent shops in Houston. I doubt that the injector will be your issue. I would look at the hpop, ipr, and the stand pipes to the oil rails.

Stroker04

Reaction score
A D ring wont cause the truck to shutoff when it is going down the road, will it? Does it start when its cold? Whats the IPR valve at when cranking?

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the IPR... I'm not a mech, but i know only what I've been told. Joe the guy who is workin on it is a ford diesel mech and has worked with David Lott at DI.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Doesn't really matter what IPR percentage is. When the PCM doesn't see 500psi cranking it keeps ramping up the IPR until it reaches 84 percent and the engine starts. Unfortunately the IPR position isn't monitored so we cannot verify quickly whether its actually closed or not without some more intrusive diag or disassembly.

Latest posts

Members online