Getting calls on a particular subject. Answer Inside!

SeeYa

Reaction score
Why we don't give anyone the Super Smoke tune and haven't since last November.

After the SEMA show back in Nov. 2011 our colleagues at SCT announced discontinuing some of their products due to the "crack down" of the EPA and CARB on other companies. Smart move on their part. In conjunction we stopped selling our Super Smoke tune as well. A $45 dollar tune is not worth me having to deal with the EPA.

I received an email from one of our customers north of the border not long ago asking if he could still get it due to being in Canada. After researching the net I found a site noting that Canada supports the USA's efforts in Environmental Safety. So it has to be a big no we won't sell you the tune.

If you want your truck to smoke you will have to find a way to do it on your own. Just be careful someone doesn't turn you in when you do it. Yes I know, it is true people have turned others in for this and they have received letters about "excessive smoking".

I personally don't care if a truck smokes or not. You are out in the open. Unless someone is doing it their garage purposely to smell the smoke. That would be just weird.

I see other companies voluntarily doing the same. If you want to get smoke there's ways to do it. Don't ask for it to be a tune on your chip from us. You won't get it.

Thanks

Diane

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Why we don't give anyone the Super Smoke tune and haven't since last November.

After the SEMA show back in Nov. 2011 our colleagues at SCT announced discontinuing some of their products due to the "crack down" of the EPA and CARB on other companies. Smart move on their part. In conjunction we stopped selling our Super Smoke tune as well. A $45 dollar tune is not worth me having to deal with the EPA.

I received an email from one of our customers north of the border not long ago asking if he could still get it due to being in Canada. After researching the net I found a site noting that Canada supports the USA's efforts in Environmental Safety. So it has to be a big no we won't sell you the tune.

If you want your truck to smoke you will have to find a way to do it on your own. Just be careful someone doesn't turn you in when you do it. Yes I know, it is true people have turned others in for this and they have received letters about "excessive smoking".

I personally don't care if a truck smokes or not. You are out in the open. Unless someone is doing it their garage purposely to smell the smoke. That would be just weird.

I see other companies voluntarily doing the same. If you want to get smoke there's ways to do it. Don't ask for it to be a tune on your chip from us. You won't get it.

Thanks

Diane

Good move. :toast:

SeeYa

Reaction score
We haven't sold it much in the last few years, it's actually been a non-issue until lately. I stopped even mentioning we had it along with lope Idle. (I personally dislike that tune) I wanted forum readers to see we don't do it anymore to reach readers faster. After SEMA I just told people during phone conversations when they asked for it we don't offer it.

A lot of people out there don't like people who are a public nuisance. Our reduction of the sell of this tune has been evident for a long time. It will not be missed.

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
Ive luckily only had one person explicitly ask for one, and i told them i wont sell it due to what it is doing to this industry.

Hopefully others will catch on. I applaud your stance on this subject.