Getting some trouble codes

6.fast

Reaction score
So a few weeks ago i started my truck up and it threw a FICM low voltage code. now just the other day it was about 30 degrees out all night when i went to start my truck and i got these codes. V0105, V0306, and V0100. It also cranked for about 6 seconds and then i stopped. and when i tried again it started and ran rough for a couple seconds. After the truck has warmed up it doesn't throw any codes when i shut it off and turn it on. And just today the engine temp. was at about 112 degrees and it gave this code V0155 and the low FICM voltage code again. I checked the FICM and it read 48.5 volts and i checked the wiring harness for tears or wearing. So im wondering what is going on. Is it just cause its cold or is the FICM on its way out.
Its an 06 F350 with 118K miles and is all stock with an edge tuner that i just use for reading codes and keeping an eye everything.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
you need to read ficm voltage while it's cranking to get an accurate idea of FICM health. as far as it running bad, it's likely stiction which is (sadly) normal. just go to a lighter weight oil and/or put some rev-x additive in it. my truck runs and misses like **** right now until warm so i'm going to a 5w40 syn. if that doesn't clear it up, i'll put in rev x. if that doesn't work, you'll need to pull the injectors and have the top ends (spool valves) rebuilt. check your ficm first though...

6.fast

Reaction score
I checked the FICM while it was cranking so I think I got an accurate reading. I just changed the oil in it a week ago and its 15W40 so Ill switch to some lighter stuff and ill try some rev-x. If it is the injectors im planning on getting new ones anyway so itll be an excuse to get them earlier :redspotdance: Thanks i appreciate the help

Mdub707

Reaction score
You need to check the FICM under 3 conditions:
1) key on, engine off
2) cranking
3) running.

It needs to be ~48V for ALL conditions. I've seen some pass 2 conditions with flying colors and drop like a rock on the 3rd. Check it again.

I would also try reading codes with something else. I've seen some of the programmers read codes and falsely put the wrong letter in the front. For instance, my buddy used to use a bullydog to read his codes and he was always getting some weird Uxxxx code. I read it with my SCT and all of a sudden it was now a Pxxx code...

STROKER

Reaction score
Matt if you want when i have the motor out of my truck i can send you my ficm so you can be sure thats your issue, it really sounds like it is your ficm slowly failing though.

Latest posts

Members online