Getting to PAss Side Valve Covers..

Godofdew11

Reaction score
Gents, digging into UVC harnesses and glow plugs, going well but i cant for the life of me figure out how to get off the plastic tube holders that were holding the heater core hoses. The are sticking to the top of a couple of the valve cover bolt/studs, do they just pull off?

Thanks,
Don

sethc24

Reaction score
The passenger valve cover is a son of a gun to get off compared to the driver side. With the lower bolts jammed up against the hvac unit. At least what i have found.

JLDickmon

Reaction score
1/4" drive wobble sockets are a must.. as is a long (20+ ") extension....

you can take the oil filler neck out and weasel it out of there.. it takes a little 3D thinking, but it's possible.

TARM

Reaction score
SO are thin long arms,hands and fingers. Basically the complete opposite of me. Popyee forearms, guerrilla hands. :fustrate:

Even pulling the VC out of the mess over there after all the bolts are out is a bit of a pain. It comes out one way. Honestly a great way to have really easy access to everything over there for me was to take off the AC compressor and set it off to the side a bit. It does not seem like it would do much but man does that little bit of extra space upfront make things so much faster. But make sure that those AC bolts are not galled and rust frozen. Spray with PB first and then take it easy. Why the factory installs long weak steel bolts into an aluminum base without a drop of anti-sieze or loctite I will never understand. Its not like the issue is something new. But it seems EVERY manf has done this.

It makes things easy for the install as well so you can be sure the VC goes on without knocking any connectors etc.. I do it everytime now.

TyCorr

Reaction score
SO are thin long arms,hands and fingers. Basically the complete opposite of me. Popyee forearms, guerrilla hands. :fustrate:

Even pulling the VC out of the mess over there after all the bolts are out is a bit of a pain. It comes out one way. Honestly a great way to have really easy access to everything over there for me was to take off the AC compressor and set it off to the side a bit. It does not seem like it would do much but man does that little bit of extra space upfront make things so much faster. But make sure that those AC bolts are not galled and rust frozen. Spray with PB first and then take it easy. Why the factory installs long weak steel bolts into an aluminum base without a drop of anti-sieze or loctite I will never understand. Its not like the issue is something new. But it seems EVERY manf has done this.

It makes things easy for the install as well so you can be sure the VC goes on without knocking any connectors etc.. I do it everytime now.

I'm not sure how big you are Tim but I have a bugger of a.time with clearance too. It's not uncommon for me to.say "this would be easier with the motor out"

TARM

Reaction score
Yep I was saying that over and over and over when the head studs went in. Heck when the fuel system went in. Wait when I took off the valve covers same thing LOL LOL

TARM

Reaction score
HEck ya. A flip front just like on any of the mid size trucks would be GREAT!!!!!!!

If someone came out with a kit to turn you truck front to a flip front I bet they would sell big time. It looks like you could do it with the way the frame rails end. I would take even quick release quarters.

yotaneck13

Reaction score
HEck ya. A flip front just like on any of the mid size trucks would be GREAT!!!!!!!

If someone came out with a kit to turn you truck front to a flip front I bet they would sell big time. It looks like you could do it with the way the frame rails end. I would take even quick release quarters.

I have s flip front clip mod in my near future if it goes smooth on my truck i may sell a few

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

TARM

Reaction score
If its not a rattle box and with in reason on cost I would be all in.

yotaneck13

Reaction score
I had one dont to my toyota crawler and it was decent cist is gonna be the only thing holding me back from being able to make a few up for ppl ill see where it goes. Doin mine when i park my dually for the winter

TARM

Reaction score
What all is involved in doing one? It looks like one of those things that at first looks simple but would get tricky and technical. The big thing would be making it so its solid and does not vibrate and rattle.

yotaneck13

Reaction score
Re wireing everything on your inner fenders to run down to tje bottom of the core support so it can hinge there...the rattle thing isnt an issue as long as a good hinge and latch system is used

Latest posts

Members online