Giggity !.....new toys

Layson

Reaction score
I was curious if you guys have done any testing with the lifted trucks with larger tires. Just wondering if you could lock up a set of 40's with those calipers. That has got to generate some serious heat :D

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I can't help on that but I will be doing back to back testing on mine.
I have CHP slotted rotors with stock pads. I am not impressed.
I'm out of state working till early Dec so I'll have time for SSBC to release the rear calipers and get their drilled rotors and a set of braided stainless lines.

I'm no expert but I figure five consecutive 70-0 stops on each set-up should show improvements as well as fade.

Betarocker

Reaction score
I was curious if you guys have done any testing with the lifted trucks with larger tires. Just wondering if you could lock up a set of 40's with those calipers. That has got to generate some serious heat :D

Denny Hao has been running a set for a bunch of years now. His truck has a similar stance to your's.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Denny told me he's very happy with his...and that truck is a tank so if they work well for him I'm sure they'll do just fine slowing me down.

Layson

Reaction score
I will ask him next time I see him. I just wonder if he can lock them up. :D

Rustin

Reaction score
Goodness! I like what I see! Dang it! I just sent my truck in to get a new set of OEM calipers! If I only knew. I just paid $900 for the work to be done! All I had to do was save a bit longer, and get these! I need to change my luck.

bpcheramie

Reaction score
Richard you are welcome.... Give me a call about the lines.... I am working on getting what you need there also...

bpcheramie

Reaction score
are these for superduties only or does ssbc make them for obs fords too?

Sorry it looks like 99 to 10.... If you need any information on them give David a call at Diesel Innovations a call 7139849441. He is a dealer for them and will be able to get anything they offer.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
This kids still wondering if said person with black truck upgraded the whole brake system, brake lines and other things?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Front and rear rotors will be drilled SSBC rotors and all lines will be braided stainless.

I'm out of state working till early Dec so I'll have time for SSBC to release the rear calipers and get their drilled rotors and a set of braided stainless lines.

This kids still wondering if said person with black truck upgraded the whole brake system, brake lines and other things?

Do you read at all or just post hoping someone will do the work for you ?
I've answered your question twice already.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Oh i thought there was more to it than that

Like what?
You have calipers, rotors and brake lines...there's nothing else to replace unless you see a need for a different master cylinder or a proportioning valve or something.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
That would be what im inquiring about i just dont know the names for the stuff.and seeing how far youvee taken this truck o didnt know of youd see a need in upgrading those things in relation to the calipers. Forgive my ignorance.

Latest posts

Members online