glow plug issues

gr3y

Reaction score
so i watched all the glow plug vids and read through forums and this is where i am replaced all glow plugs all but one where bad replaced the harnesses because why not i was there still threw codes for all the plugs pulled the harness at relay ohmed them all and they ohm around 0.7 checked the harness for bunt or bent pins none of that replaced the relay and all the plugs started working except #3 stuck probe pin in back with the relay pluged in when i turned key over no voltage at num 3 been searching for this but cant find any info on what to do next ty in advance and used all motorcraft parts please for the love of god help me update put old relay back on throughs 2,6,8 confused number three no longer throughing going to guess got a bad relay will update if anyone can think of something to check let me know ty

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
so i watched all the glow plug vids and read through forums and this is where i am replaced all glow plugs all but one where bad replaced the harnesses because why not i was there still threw codes for all the plugs pulled the harness at relay ohmed them all and they ohm around 0.7 checked the harness for bunt or bent pins none of that replaced the relay and all the plugs started working except #3 stuck probe pin in back with the relay pluged in when i turned key over no voltage at num 3 been searching for this but cant find any info on what to do next ty in advance and used all motorcraft parts please for the love of god help me update put old relay back on throughs 2,6,8 confused number three no longer throughing going to guess got a bad relay will update if anyone can think of something to check let me know ty

Sounds like a bad glow plug module. But for shits and grins back probe the wire for #3 directly at the glow plug module and verify there’s no voltage there. Also, make sure the wire is fully seated in the connector, these trucks are getting old and the plastic gets brittle, the locking tab can break from you moving it when replacing the plugs and module. It could not be making contact with the module. Not sure if pigtails are available for them aftermarket, definitely not thru ford, it’s a whole engine harness thru them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Usually the pins back out of either the green or black plug.. I just spliced in a new set 2 months ago, I'll grab the part number Monday.

Remove the connectors, pull the red lock face off and inspect all of the pins, make sure they are locked in

Latest posts

Members online