Glow plugs and???

Sterling B.

Reaction score
So this past winter was miserable even being a warm, Texas winter as far as cold starts without being plugged in overnight. Last week, I got new International glow plugs free of charge in trade from a buddy. Is there anything else I should do while I'm in there such as valve cover gaskets? I'll likely put all new CAC boots on from RiffRaff since mine are likely on the verge of failure and clean the foil off the tube. I don't have issues with it running rough to make me believe the injector harness is damaged. Thanks!

Lethalthreat7.3

Reaction score
I'd replace the GPR. It carries the load to the gp's.
I wouldn't necessarily change the uvch's but would definitely test resistance values to the 42pin from them before you start and after you have everything plugged back in PRIOR to reinstallation of the piping.
Use a good meter 200ohm scale. If the resistance is different at all from testing at the injectors(each one) to the 42pin you need to figure out why wether it be the uvch, engine harness or just a pin connection.

OEM spec at the injector is 2.9ohm. Temperature will affect this slightly but even after getting the engine up to 195* I haven't seen good injectors go over 3.5ohm and when I have it has always been a wiring/resistance issue usually because of the uvch's

Latest posts

Members online