Going to efuel

gnxtc2

Reaction score
The relay terminals are numbered

Terminal 30 - +12v from battery (fused)
Terminal 87 - positive terminal on fuel pump
Terminal 85 - fuel heater wire
Terminal 86 - ground

Don't forget to run a ground wire for the fuel pump.

Billy T.
[email protected]

RBernardi

Reaction score
Does this look right? gnxtc2? The fuel heater wire you labeled to terminal 85 threw me off
my%20diagram_zps1ysrrbet.png

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Yes....it's right. That oil pressure switch is junk and not reliable and fails. I eliminated it and just run the relay. These motors will run with no fuel pressure. There is a thread on this issue I made.

Billy T.
[email protected]

RBernardi

Reaction score
Yes....it's right. That oil pressure switch is junk and not reliable and fails. I eliminated it and just run the relay. These motors will run with no fuel pressure. There is a thread on this issue I made.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Ok so you ran your heater wire to #85 and supplied power while running and cranking is that ccorrect?

I'd like the pump to be off if I'm just sitting in the truck listing to music. If I eliminated all the old pressure switch would I have to wire in a toggle switch to turn the pump on?

Last edited:

rusty1161

Reaction score
Ok so you ran your heater wire to #85 and supplied power while running and cranking is that ccorrect?

I'd like the pump to be off if I'm just sitting in the truck listing to music. If I eliminated all the old pressure switch would I have to wire in a toggle switch to turn the pump on?

I used the same heater wire to trigger my relay and no oil pressure switch.

Just use your accessory position of the ignition switch to listen to the radio. No power goes to the heater wire that way.

Rusty

gnxtc2

Reaction score

Yes....use accessory on key switch (turn key backwards)

I used the same heater wire to trigger my relay and no oil pressure switch.

Just use your accessory position of the ignition switch to listen to the radio. No power goes to the heater wire that way.

Rusty

^^^^^^This

Billy T.
[email protected]

RBernardi

Reaction score
Well I got my system all buttoned up. Go to start the truck batteries are dead of course. Put the charger on them.come back in an hour, cranking but won't start. After about 15 minutes of trying it finally started, it ran for about 10-12 seconds that was it. Won't start again just cranks.

I've double checked the harness, all the connections are plugged in tight.
The pump is running good and I set the regulator to 65psi. Do you guys have any ideas?

gnxtc2

Reaction score
When you turn the key on, do you have fuel pressure? The 6 wire connector/harness is plugged in by the old fuel bowl? That harness contains the IPR wire. You cut the correct fuel heater wire?

DSC_0137_zpsb4676ce3.jpg

Billy T.
[email protected]

Last edited:

RBernardi

Reaction score
When you turn the key on, do you have fuel pressure? The 6 wire connector/harness is plugged in by the old fuel bowl? That harness contains the IPR wire. You cut the correct fuel heater wire?

DSC_0137_zpsb4676ce3.jpg

Billy T.
[email protected]
Yes and yes, I'm going to pull the harness apart and spray the connection. With electrical contact cleaner. The other two wires on the fuel bowl harness I cut the ends off and taped back.

Last edited:

RBernardi

Reaction score
Well I sprayed all the harness plugs I took apart with contact cleaner, and it fired right up! I put a cheap air hose 3 way in the valley like Billy T did and its dripping so I figured it's cracked because the fittings are tight.