going to electric fuel and have some ??

zilla68

Reaction score
OK,
if I go to electric fuel to run my 230/100's I'm being told I have to lose a tank and just use one.
I like the idea of the rear bronco tank, with the exception of basically losing the spare tire carrier.
Is there any midship tanks out there that will double my capacity like the rear bronco tank would. I was planning on getting an inbed tank/toolbox combo, but I really do not want to lose my capacity that I have now with dual tanks.

Also, if I go to a single tank, does all the plumbing and stuff to the front tank just remove and come out or do you leave it? I don't want half assed unplugged lines and stuff just hanging there.

Who's done this and what did you do with all the extras that come off other tank.

Is there any way to run both stock tanks and the fuel to run the 230/100's? I'd think that there could be a way to still use the selector etc.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Some guys will say to a 38 gal bronco tank. If u use a SD pump I think you can get away with using the selector valve.

If you don't want the risk of starving your pump and want a get 5/8" pickup tube that may be best, but can only use one tank.

I've got an idea on using both tanks:

Use the front tank with 5/8" pickup tube and stock return line but, get a small electric pump to pump fuel from rear tank to front tank BY powering small pump with the valve selector wiring harness. When you flip switch to rear, that circuit will energize a relay to turn pump on. Watch both gauges to monitor fuel levels and when you flip back up to front tank after fuel transfer, assuming you'll have a full tank from rear tank, small pump will be off and your good to go.

old man dave

Reaction score
The Bronco tank is 32 gallons. You can use the Spectra Premium F26E 38 gallon tank and still hang the rear tire under it. Need to extend the spare tire carrier bolts. You loose about 5 inches of ground clearance with the tire in place with the F26E.

You can use one fuel pump for each tank and eliminate the selector valve (except for fuel tank level). Probably have to use a check valve after each pump to prevent backfiiling the other tank but AN-6 and AN-10 check valves are available.

Last edited:

Biggreen96

Reaction score
Chris. I'm running dual walbro pumps to my 238/100's and using both tanks . No problem keeping pressures at 65 at wide open throttle through the stock selector valve.

JD3020

Reaction score
I'm planning on going to a 38 gallon rear tank with a sump, and throw the selector valve and all that crap in the trash. Or hook both tanks together and pull out of the front tank, but again throwing away the selector valve.

JD3020

Reaction score
I may hold onto it, but who knows if its still any good. Rear tank has had a leak for 2 years now, and even though i bought and painted a new tank the day mine started leaking, i just haven't gotten around to putting it in. LOL Been running off only the front tank since then.

old man dave

Reaction score
I'm planning on going to a 38 gallon rear tank with a sump, and throw the selector valve and all that crap in the trash. Or hook both tanks together and pull out of the front tank, but again throwing away the selector valve.

Guys who ran a balance tube between tanks posted they had problems when parking on steep hills (would overflow a tank).

Bair

Reaction score
I run a balance line between tanks. I've never overflowed a tank. But I've found out that the line will freeze pretty easy. Running out to Idaho 2 weeks ago I couldn't figure out why my front tank would get empty way quicker then the back. Once I hit warmer temps, the tank levels were back to normal.

96 CCLB
08 RCLB 2wd 6sp for sale
08 ECLB 2wd sold

Latest posts

Members online