Good Fuel mileage

Reaction score
It's just this one tank, but it's higher than all I've averaged prior, got 20.7mpg.... For my next several tanks I'm gonna try a fuel additive and see if it makes any difference in my truck, then maybe I'll try the slower highway driving, speed limit is 70 round here and most do 80 minimum, that's the way it is in Ga and that's how I was raised driving

Wicked94Z

Reaction score
Sometimes I wish I had 3.55s! I'm turning 2400 at 70. I usually do 65 in the 70 zone because my mileage falls off a cliff above that. If you're in gear and let off the gas does it cut fuel?

Yellow1000

Reaction score
Pretty sure you can hear it when you let off and your coasting you can hear the injectors shut off. And my egt gauge drops off to below 100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and ****.

Wicked94Z

Reaction score
I wonder if a manual lock-up switch would produce the same result in any gear with the E4OD. Mine cuts fuel with the converter locked in 3rd (>31mph) and 4th. I think there could be a few tenths of a mpg being able to lock it up in 2nd and also be able to "injectors off" coast longer.

TyCorr

Reaction score
well obviously the guy with 3:55's is going to get better mileage on the highway than a guy with 4:10's. not to say there isnt an underlying problem, but you just cannot keep rpm's down at highway speeds with 4:10's.

Nothing like having lawntractor gears in a road vehicle. Lol

37s and 3.73 are a bit much but 35s and 3.73 are PERFECT!

I can make my truck get near 20 but the drive sucks soooo bad that you'll wanna hurt yourself. I drive how I want and on god days 14 happens on the other days 9-10....

Reaction score
If I drive how I WANT, it drops between 15.5-17, right now I've still been going fast on interstate, just no Jack rabbit starts, all easy acceleration... Unfortunately the zf5 isn't all that fast from a stop, I almost always start in second (unless towing) and once I'm in 3rd gear, and rpms at around 1500, I like to tip into it real heavy, and hold on, cause from there, she takes off, ya almost can't grab the next gear fast enough... At 1500 rpms, and in 3rd gear the turbo spools real well, and by the time it's at 2000 rpms the turbo just lights and you just can't shift fast enough, it's revs sooo fast from that point it's crazy

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online