good snow rubbers

brian89

Reaction score
Moving from florida to pa and I'm hearing its going to be a harsh winter, so I'm going to try anf get something that will be ok in the snow looking at pro comp xterrains but I'm not sure how they will perform, any of you snow bunnies help me out? Thanks

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
personally not a fan of the procomp tires, i dont care too much for the tread pattern..Never had a set, other than a tiny set only used to get trucks into the shop. Im a fan of the toyo, and the nitto trail grap, i currently have the kuhmos on my truck they have not left me anywhere

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
logo-trj_.jpg

good mud rubber!!!!LOLLOLLOL

Twan

Reaction score
Goodyear slight armer is a great snow tire, I have a 35/12.5R17 pro comp extreme A/T, they do fine for me, my friends dislike them.

Emery19

Reaction score
Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs. hands down best tire ive ever used in the snow. and they look good. i can post some pics of my ranger if you wanna see them on the truck. i have wrangler at/s on the 350 and i hate them. had them stock on the ranger, and thats what came on the 350. went to the duras when i needed tires on the ranger. best tire investment ever.

Emery19

Reaction score
alos, where are you headed in pa. last year our winter sucked. i never used 4wd. even in maine our winter sucked. i heard its supposed to be good this year so we'll see.

rat49f6

Reaction score
Goodyear wrangler duratrac's on all 8 of our plow trucks

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

stroker2

Reaction score
Goodyear slight armer is a great snow tire, I have a 35/12.5R17 pro comp extreme A/T, they do fine for me, my friends dislike them.

My old man had silent armors on his stock 6.4 and they wore out in 24k mi and didnt seem to do worth a dam in the snow for some reason. I have heard great things about the goodyear duratracs and my terra grapplers do pretty good as well but i hope they go more than 20k!

FORD7.3

Reaction score
Im going to be trying Mickey Thompson ATZs this winter, just picked them up. Ran Toyo A/Ts in the past with zero issues.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
I liked the hankook atm's but now I'm running cooper discoverer at3 and they are by far the best at tire I've ever run....work great in snow/ice, rain, mud, towing, anything I've thrown at them...had em almost a year and they are wearing great. Plus they have a 60k mile warranty on them.

mclean

Reaction score
you guys that actually get a lot of snow (Maine, Vermont, Colorado, Wy and such), do you guys stud your tires or find they wear off right away because of the weight of our trucks

Atsah

Reaction score
you guys that actually get a lot of snow (Maine, Vermont, Colorado, Wy and such), do you guys stud your tires or find they wear off right away because of the weight of our trucks

I have used Goodyear workhorses and durtracs plowing lots of snow and never had a need for studs.. My dually sucked in the snow unless the blade was down in front of it..
Also, if I was traveling on the turnpike I would be running studded tires for sure.. They lay down the calcium heavy up here.. The problem is, it doesn't melt below 22F and it's allways below 22F here in the morning Dec-Mar.. I drove it one morning and I have no idea how I stayed on the road.. Cars, trucks, jeeps all in the ditch because they don't use sand.. It's retarded..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online