Gooseneck / 5th wheel options

PsRumors

Reaction score
I know about the B&W turn over with the companion but what other hitch options are there? Looking to get a 5th wheel without permanent rails in the bed.

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score
You can order some campers with a gooseneck hitch. Me personally I run gooseneck adapters, always have, but "they" say that's not good. Which I do understand the leverage issue.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
B&W is the only one I can remember seeing that offers a fifth wheel that drops in place of the gooseneck ball, so that there is no need for those stupid rails in the bed. I wouldn't feel comfortable using those fifth wheel to gooseneck adapters on anything but a light fifth wheel trailer either, those put a lot of stress on that pin box with a heavier trailer.

PsRumors

Reaction score
It looks like drop n lock hitches have a goose neck 5th wheel combo as well. Don't know anything about their reputation but an interesting design.

Denver

Reaction score
The rails aren't bad at all but thats all about personal prefference. I like the rails because it gives me another securing point in the bed.

Marty

Reaction score
I use rails with a gooseneck adapter. This way I have one gooseneck and one 5th wheel and either truck can use it. If a customers truck breaks down with a trailer I can tow either style trailer with either of my truck.

The rails have not gotten in the way for me but they do provide another way to tiedown stuff in the bed.

Spindrift

Reaction score

RedRice589

Reaction score
Depends on how much you haul i have a 5th wheel to gooseneck adaptor but i don't haul mine alot so i feel pretty confident in it. Plus if anything happens i know about 5000 ppl with a gooseneck ball but only a few with the king pin lock so i had to have the adaptor.

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Rails were installed in my truck by the previous owner and they arent that bad, I'll be getting a gooseneck plate first and then a fifth wheel hitch when funds allow.

MisterCMK

Reaction score

UtahFord

Reaction score
My pops has had a b&w on his last two trucks to pull his horse trailer. I would love to have one, but trucks too high I have to settle for a different set up

sent from un-disclosed location

Latest posts

Members online