Got a question

RCDP

Reaction score
Well I found out the truck I wanted is sold but I'm not giving up. I was going to do a trans. When you buy one do you buy the whole thing or just internals ? Think about it. A big truck vs a camero and the truck wins. Wouldn't you feel like crap after lol

RCDP

Reaction score
As far as gaskets go I would do OEM. I thought there was a black onyx studs that were more than arp studs. Seemed legit. Didn't look into them though

sootie

Reaction score
May i ask why you recommend this? You got me worrying now lol

valve contact. on a factory tune, at WOT, the egr opens slightly which reduces drive pressure. on a deleted truck or one running a delete tune, the egr stays closed and the ebp creeps up leading to floating valves.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Really? Because my back pressure at WOT was never really that bad Besides on my very early Spartan tunes. 95% of the people that end up putting a gate on mess it up, either opens too early and can't figure out why or how to fix it, or it doesn't open at all and they have no idea.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Really? Because my back pressure at WOT was never really that bad Besides on my very early Spartan tunes. 95% of the people that end up putting a gate on mess it up, either opens too early and can't figure out why or how to fix it, or it doesn't open at all and they have no idea.

I didn't monitor EBP on the stock turbos because I running a SCT. After I deleted the EGR and did air mods (ported intake manny, 6.0 exh manny, HD up pipes), converted to MM, and added a 71 on completely stock fuel, my EBP would get to 72 (actual) and was still climbing rapidly so I let off both on canned tunes and custom tunes. I am with Sootie on this one, either a WG or at least a valvetrain upgrade (assuming it was studded) would be a good idea if you want to run WOT and not worry about monitoring EBP. Using a Tial gate and plugging the bottom port and regulating top port makes it pretty easy to dial in. My guess is most people end up having trouble when they try to run full boost to the bottom and regulated to the top.

sootie

Reaction score

did you have a mechanical gauge that would read higher than the stock sensor or were you not maxing that out? truth what you say about wastegate setup-i'm talking as if it is set up properly.

I didn't monitor EBP on the stock turbos because I running a SCT. After I deleted the EGR and did air mods (ported intake manny, 6.0 exh manny, HD up pipes), converted to MM, and added a 71 on completely stock fuel, my EBP would get to 72 (actual) and was still climbing rapidly so I let off both on canned tunes and custom tunes. I am with Sootie on this one, either a WG or at least a valvetrain upgrade (assuming it was studded) would be a good idea if you want to run WOT and not worry about monitoring EBP. Using a Tial gate and plugging the bottom port and regulating top port makes it pretty easy to dial in. My guess is most people end up having trouble when they try to run full boost to the bottom and regulated to the top.

the stock sensor maxes at 72 on the mm.

what you say about plumbing is true, i ended up having to leave the side open and run regulated to the top.

obs7.3

Reaction score
oh, I get it. dang it. just when I thought I had a comfortable build for now...

RCDP

Reaction score
You guys are confusing me now lol. I need more research on this. So with an upgraded turbo do a wastegate for sure ? And for sure headgaskets and studs. Is there a way to make the tranny last without replacing it with aftermarket ?

B585Ford

Reaction score
You guys are confusing me now lol. I need more research on this. So with an upgraded turbo do a wastegate for sure ? And for sure headgaskets and studs. Is there a way to make the tranny last without replacing it with aftermarket ?

Your right foot will determine your needs. If you don't want to have worry about EBP and you want to run high HP tunes at WOT I would recommend a WG. If you don't mind monitoring EBP and letting off when they start to get high (I did that for 2 years without incident) then you don't need one. As far as studs go...again you may not need them. The '10s hold up pretty well. I would just have money saved in case they let go. The tranny is the same way although running 37s will be putting a strain on it. I would definitely look into a good set of Tbars. They will help your tranny live longer. IMO that is the only have to have (along with deletes, a tuner, and CAI). See how you like it and if it meets your needs and then go from there.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
op- shoot me an email at [email protected] , i'll walk you thru the proper steps and get you in the right direction. I can tell you this, I HAVE been there and done some . I think I can save you lots of headaches and get your head straight on this.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Yeah bigrpower knows a thing or 2 about the 6.4 world. He will get you headed in the right direction. Plus he's easy to deal with!

Halvy85

Reaction score
bigrpowr has some of the best customer service you will find anywhere. Plus his stuff don't look half bad either :D Don't cheap out when you start buying parts so you only buy them once.

Attachments

• IMAG0171.jpg
    IMAG0171.jpg
    617.9 KB · Views: 41

RCDP

Reaction score
Just remember, if he wants to meet up.... Herpes is for life....:eek:
Lmao. I don't think we shall do that kind of meeting

Yeah bigrpower knows a thing or 2 about the 6.4 world. He will get you headed in the right direction. Plus he's easy to deal with!
Thanks. I will try to pick his brain a little.

bigrpowr has some of the best customer service you will find anywhere. Plus his stuff don't look half bad either :D Don't cheap out when you start buying parts so you only buy them once.
The CAI in your sig is that a no limit ?

Latest posts

Members online