Got a question

Halvy85

Reaction score
So are both those shiny intercooler pipes so you might as well just get the whole package haha :toast:

RCDP

Reaction score
How much do you guys think you've spent on your trucks to get them the way you want ?

B585Ford

Reaction score
How much do you guys think you've spent on your trucks to get them the way you want ?

That's a trick question....my truck will probably never be completely where I want it to be unless I hit the lottery. So far I have managed to keep it under a million.

obs7.3

Reaction score

:whs: they're never done. you do something then you save up again and keep pushing plans back because something else comes up that you need to spend the money on. And even if you get it to the point where you think you're done, you'll change something and have to start over again because you'll need this that and the other thing for it to run right.

Stroked777

Reaction score
So far I have about 6-7k into my truck not including the actual truck. Like everyone said, they are never done, when you think it's done, then you will wanna either change up turbos or make more power or change the rims on it. It's never done until it's sold and then your into the next

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
i found otherwise. running both H&S canned tunes and Gearhead.

Op, If I could go back I would have Added a WG right when I did Egr delete (08 job1) but was more sticker shocked by that price tag & others saying "it's not needed on stock setups".. Although a WG is a lot cheaper than a HG repair job, I also believe you would benefit from spending the $ now & adding to help with everything already covered here in thread & charger upgrades come your wallet has one less part to buy..

I'm no mechanic, I have puked 5xs WOT ( canned tunes don't seem to bad on ebp, GH I see more) only doing hi way runs in my current rig (studs uninstalled currently but on shelf) trucks had coolant system pressure tested, relitive compression test & shop believes my truck runs good and nothing's wrong.. So this leads me to possible thing either heads are lifting under boost, cracked heads, stretched factory bolts??? I really don't know but this is why I've decided to add my WG. Since adding I'm dialed in somewhat & all sign are good thus far, I'm NOT saying this is a fix & might be a bandaid for the time being but defenitly adding a WG to relive drive pressure makes since to me. Good luck, hope your not confused more. Jayson

RCDP

Reaction score
Op, If I could go back I would have Added a WG right when I did Egr delete (08 job1) but was more sticker shocked by that price tag & others saying "it's not needed on stock setups".. Although a WG is a lot cheaper than a HG repair job, I also believe you would benefit from spending the $ now & adding to help with everything already covered here in thread & charger upgrades come your wallet has one less part to buy..

I'm no mechanic, I have puked 5xs WOT ( canned tunes don't seem to bad on ebp, GH I see more) only doing hi way runs in my current rig (studs uninstalled currently but on shelf) trucks had coolant system pressure tested, relitive compression test & shop believes my truck runs good and nothing's wrong.. So this leads me to possible thing either heads are lifting under boost, cracked heads, stretched factory bolts??? I really don't know but this is why I've decided to add my WG. Since adding I'm dialed in somewhat & all sign are good thus far, I'm NOT saying this is a fix & might be a bandaid for the time being but defenitly adding a WG to relive drive pressure makes since to me. Good luck, hope your not confused more. Jayson

Thanks man. I understand completely. I think I'd be good if student loans were no existant lol. I think I'll have to save up and maybe run low tunes. I looked at elite diesel for a trans but 6 grand for one is ridiculous. I guess that's diesel for you though

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
Thanks man. I understand completely. I think I'd be good if student loans were no existant lol. I think I'll have to save up and maybe run low tunes. I looked at elite diesel for a trans but 6 grand for one is ridiculous. I guess that's diesel for you though

It can def add up quick, I'd stud mine but I've got a super gas c10 truck sucking all my extra ends right now.. 6.4 is next in hopes of her holding together!

B585Ford

Reaction score
So far I have about 6-7k into my truck not including the actual truck. Like everyone said, they are never done, when you think it's done, then you will wanna either change up turbos or make more power or change the rims on it. It's never done until it's sold and then your into the next

...and don't forget about chasing weak links with your new found power.

obs7.3

Reaction score
I'd say ive spent at least $1000 , good stuff isn't cheap !!

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say either A) you need to hook all of us up with whatever connections you have. or B) you forgot a 0.
LOL LOL

Latest posts

Members online