Got a unique issue

starcommtrey1

Reaction score
Studded a 6.0 and put in Warren Injectors after Pensacola injectors blew their lid. Everything was good until a miss arose. Everything is torqued to specs and done right. But the miss is random. The local Ford 6.0 guy is even stumped. We can replace or even move an injector and the miss will move. Its not constant. It is now constantly there, but when you swap injectors or put another one in(have a set of Ford remans there) the miss completely moves. Had the FICM redone thinking maybe that was it. The FICM works on another 6.0. We are at a loss. The miss is at startup./ Ford is now suggesting contaminated oil which I think is way out there. Any advice? All ICP pressures and IPR are good. Fuel pressure is good, 50+PSI @ WOT. Stock sized injectors.

oh ok

Reaction score
My truck was doing this and drove everyone mad.

It ended up being the injector harness for both banks at the FICM. The harness blocks would come unclipped. Not unclipped from the FICM but the plugs were separating. Zip ties around the connectors and FICM worked until I replaced it.

Hope this helps. First post ever as may have something useful to contribute for once haha

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Are he lcking tabs broken on the ficm connectors? That sounds like the bestbet here. Instead of zip ties, you can try using a piece of 5/8 hose under the connectors so that it pushes them in better. Either that or a bad splice or something in the injector harness.

starcommtrey1

Reaction score
Locking tabs are fine, connectors are fine.....trying to find a good working harness to swap the whole thing out. Right now its misfiring randomly on #5 and #1.....one will work, then it will just swap.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Locking tabs are fine, connectors are fine.....trying to find a good working harness to swap the whole thing out. Right now its misfiring randomly on #5 and #1.....one will work, then it will just swap.

you could try moving the harness around and see if the miss jumps around as you move the harness around. I agree with above though, sounds like electrical issue

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Does it start ok when hot, or col i guess if you havent driven the piss out of it since it started. When im purging the air, i typically baby it out of the shop get on the highway and put the truck in third and cruise with my foot to the floor for about 5 miles or so, the shift to drive and let everything cool back down.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.