Got me another 6.4!

dieselfreak1710

Reaction score
Long time no see psa, well last time I was on i had my 08 f350 kr drw i was rebuilding. Well I sold that Nd bought an F150 FX4 Supercrew. About a month ago my buddy had lost hours at work and could no longer afford his truck that I personally found and have been leAding the build on it considering his lack of knowledge I The Powerstroke engine. When he was in Tennessee on a trip his truck broke down and was at a ford dealer they ended up doing a bunch of work. New OEM headgaskets and new tty head studs. They wouldn't but in arps, because Ford wouldn't warranty the work. However It needed new compounds, I did manage to talk him into purchasing industrial injection phatshaft 71/58 billet compounds. And those were installed. Very impressed with the trucks peppyness, it doesn't feel laggy like my 2010 f350 did. However my problem and I've been racking my brain on is. When I start the truck, the engine fan will slowly kick on and off. Like it's coming in and out, after the truck sits the idle starts to increase from the normal 650 ish to 1000rpms. And the fan then will stay on constinant not shutting down. I inspected the fan clutch wiring and the way the serpentine belt was on to see if it was possible the fan clutch could be locked up. But it seems to hold heat fine and run ok. Just gets annoying. And I remember it didn't do this before. I'm starting to wonder when the pulled the cab if it could be a ground issue etc. I installed a high idle switch on my 6.0, I was going to do the same on this but it increases idle within minutes after running and up to temp. Has anyone had this issue. I have a dog deleted exhaust, intake, and sct live wire tune, tow tune I believe, any help is appreciated, my trucks see a lot of idle time as I work in the oilfield. So we're constinately in and out of our trucks.

Here's a pic of my 6.0 hauling the 6.4.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426141094.779398.jpg

dieselfreak1710

Reaction score
And I forgot to throw it in there it's an 08 F350 Lariat with about 143k on it. I'm not hurting for money so I bought it off of him to help him get off the loan.

dieselfreak1710

Reaction score
It had the lift on it when i got it off my buddy, i believe its an 6 inch. But i could be wrong, could also be an 8 inch. Its a Rough Country Lift. Love the truck, have some work to do to it. But other than that it will be a fun truck. I missed not having a 6.4

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.