Got real mad today. Cold-started truck,POURING smoke, wouldn't go anywhere.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
You mean it closes when you let off, and opens when you accelerate...

And yes, the EBP sensor is tied into the valve, as is the IAT sensor, TPS and brake peddle.

No.... It CLOSES when I accelerate ( unless I go more than 2/3 throttle then it opens again) and OPENS when I decel

Don't ask me....It seems backwards
sent while trying not to JJ My rods!!!!!!

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Littlered is right... The ebpv closes, to induce backpressure, when you got on the throttle and start driving. Going above 3/4 throttle kicks the ebpv off. Also, using high idle the evpb will engage which makes warm-ups even better.

kampy

Reaction score
I normally let mine warm up until the glowplugs cycle off and then drive easy for a couple miles. That said, it's really not needed, thousands and thousands of standby generators go from stone cold to rated speed @ full load in less than 30 seconds on a daily basis.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
I normally let mine warm up until the glowplugs cycle off and then drive easy for a couple miles. That said, it's really not needed, thousands and thousands of standby generators go from stone cold to rated speed @ full load in less than 30 seconds on a daily basis.
what's the life expectancy on one of those

sent while trying not to JJ My rods!!!!!!

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

Agreed. Hell in the army we'd take a stone cold detroit or cat on a 0* day and romp the **** outta it with less than 3mins of warmup time sometimes.

I love the ebpv it helps a lot, I guess it was a lack of warming it up cuz I started this morning, gave it 2mins, and didn't hiccup once.

kampy

Reaction score
I've seen them over 10,000 hours. Normally standby gensets don't get run that much but if your in an area with problems in the electrical grid they can be used quite frequently.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
let it warm up for 10-15 min and i bet the problem goes away... in the summer i let my truck warm up for 5-10 min on the first start of the day.. 20 min if its below freezing and closer to a half hour if its below 0*... if its below freezing and i only let it warm up for 5 min i have a slow turd that will below smoke out of it and the rpm's dont climb...

andy, you drinking already or still going from last night? lmao!!

Last edited:

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Your just wasting fuel and time letting it warm up that long. Get in, start it up, let the oil disperse throughout the motor, and drive it easy for the first few miles. Idling a diesel does absolutely nothing to it except get the oil moving.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Your just wasting fuel and time letting it warm up that long. Get in, start it up, let the oil disperse throughout the motor, and drive it easy for the first few miles. Idling a diesel does absolutely nothing to it except get the oil moving.

:fustrate:

Your right...

My oil temp does not go from 40* to 150* if I let it idle for 10 minutes...

You do understand your timing is extreamly advanced when the oil is cold, which means its VERY hard on the motor.

Plug it in, or let the damn thing warm up a bit.

RedSmokey

Reaction score

LOL

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Yes, I can see how what I said is either confusing or hilarious...

dirtflinger92

Reaction score

You sir are retarded! If you wont let it warm up atleast plug your truck in at night.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
then why the *** are you on this site askin for suggestions if you think im wasting time.
im not the one with the problem so i guess i i dont give a ***.
live life full throttle

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.