Got the injectors finished up!!!

Powersmokin32

Reaction score
I just installed a set of 250/100s, walbro pump(temporary), and drove to Tyrant Diesel yesterday to have Cale retune my chip. Took for a quick drive and so far very impressed with the 250s and the 366 turbo. Turbo comes on early and these injectors are virtually smoke free.

I haven't done any WOT runs do to the fact of trying to keep my tranny and motor together for a little while. But only seen about 15psi of boost and 800* during a quick little run with this turbo injector set up. Also to mention I'm not running a WG, and back pressure and boost stay about 1.1 when running around.

Powersmokin32

Reaction score
Haven't pulled the plug to check, but the serial number shows to be a forged rod motor. Also I have a forged rod motor showing up monday. Then I am putting studs, springs, push rods, girdle, and possibly high strength rods. Also I'm looking into a BTS tranny.

TARM

Reaction score
You may have already bent the intake plenium inlets and once that is done they will never seal right. Otherwise some stiffer boots with some good clamps should work especially at those low boost levels. That is what stocker go to without much issue. The boots ,maybe oil soaked etc..

Powersmokin32

Reaction score
The boots where oil soaked still re cleaned them this last time. Also, as far as the plenums go i have a set from Irate just waiting to install them on my next motor.

David N

Reaction score
Thats the wierd thing with my truck. It makes 40psi of boost and I've never blown a boot in 9 months...

Powersmokin32

Reaction score
I think I fixed the boot blowing off. Seen 30 on the gauge and didn't blow the boot off again. And yes the plenums are needed, my stock plenums leak pretty bad above 20-25psi.

David N

Reaction score
Just get an intercooler from a 1999/2000 model truck. They are all aluminum and you can tighten the clamps down as tight as possible.

If you don't already have one.

TARM

Reaction score
We are talking about the Y tube to intake plenums boots not the boots on the intercooler inlet/outlet ports.

Latest posts

Members online