GQSSB Install

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Turbo worked flawlessly down the track this weekend. Ran a 13.74 at 98.5mph , still needing my fuel system installed along with some oil. Had a good time tho. Never saw above 1400* EGTs.

apollyon9515

Reaction score
the gqssb seems like a nice turbo that i wouldnt mind trying, but i have to admit as soon as i read your first post i was wondering what you did with your 38r haha. I was wanting something for my pmrs.

Seems like you are happy with the setup. I might have missed it, but what injs are you running? I thought the gqssb was a 500hp~ turbo about like the 38r, not knocking the turbo as ive only heard good stuff about it and would like to have one assuming i ever get a forged rod motor.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score

Tom, with my recent selection for promotion, there was a selection promotion party and they charged each of us $75 for the after party for everyone to have free booze and food, I dont drink much anymore, and that was the most expensive two beers i EVER paid for!!! That took away my Dyno money, Since NHRDA was charging $75 for 3 pulls. Jefferson State brought their dyno to the event, and from what i was gathering, all the trucks were registering very low. Plus having a family reunion this coming weekend, i needed the funds for that first.

the gqssb seems like a nice turbo that i wouldnt mind trying, but i have to admit as soon as i read your first post i was wondering what you did with your 38r haha. I was wanting something for my pmrs.

Seems like you are happy with the setup. I might have missed it, but what injs are you running? I thought the gqssb was a 500hp~ turbo about like the 38r, not knocking the turbo as ive only heard good stuff about it and would like to have one assuming i ever get a forged rod motor.

Thanks, im running Full Force 250cc Hybrids. Truck loves them. This turbo likes them more than the 38R

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Tom, with my recent selection for promotion, there was a selection promotion party and they charged each of us $75 for the after party for everyone to have free booze and food, I dont drink much anymore, and that was the most expensive two beers i EVER paid for!!! That took away my Dyno money, Since NHRDA was charging $75 for 3 pulls. Jefferson State brought their dyno to the event, and from what i was gathering, all the trucks were registering very low. Plus having a family reunion this coming weekend, i needed the funds for that first.

No biggy, do you know what the truck weighs?

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
It's a CCSB right?

My lariat 02 weighs 7900-8100 at the pulls that actually weigh around here.

And you got a topper.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
It's a CCSB right?

My lariat 02 weighs 7900-8100 at the pulls that actually weigh around here.

And you got a topper.

ECSB. I dont run down the track with the topper. Truck may very well weigh a little more, not sure. Im gonna have to take it over to the scales near my house

Im in the near lane, and DeputyDog in the Far lane in his Fummins

th_VIDEO0027.jpg

Last edited:

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Ah, for some reason there's a big weight swing between EC's and CC's.

But, my CC is a bit heavier than normal. Think most guys in competition trim are around 76-7700. I have extra sound insulation and a gooseneck hitch so, even on a diet she's gonna be heavy.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
The calculators say that at 7400# you're just under 500hp now.

You gotta be heavier.

Or the last dyno was FOS.

Latest posts

Members online