GT4094R on 6.7?

jacobdewey

Reaction score
Has anyone tried it yet? I would think it would work well to provide great top end power and somewhat mellow bottom end, to help the rods last a bit longer. I also like the fact that it's a ball bearing turbo with a water cooled center section.

4094R Specs:- compressor - 67.8mm Inducer 94.0mm exducer w/ .72 A/R Compressor Cover (4 inch inlet) - turbine - 77.0 mm wheel diam. .85 AR T4 (3 inch outlet)

Anyone with much experience with this charger?

The other thought I had was a 4088R, a little smaller (63.5mm inducer), and is said to spool a bit faster.

Input would be great, as I am thinking a meduim sized single could be alot of fun, and I will likely see one in my near future.

I had a s366 on my Duramax, and would like something similar, but more reliable.

RedRice589

Reaction score
My buddy has a 4094 on his '09 duramax and I was wondering the same. Gotta have the pedestal and what not. I'm waiting for the fleece guys to do something. I know Danville and rcd make Nasty duramax setup for them.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
the 4094 is an old dog, the new GTX4088r will out perform the 4094. Dont forget we can supply you with a turbo kit, but would need the charger to make the necessary modifications.

Where did you get your 66 from? There is a reason why it didnt last. It wasnt balanced more than likely.

jacobdewey

Reaction score
It was Originally a BD turbo, lost the bearings at 10k, so scabbed together a billet 66. It actually lasted longer with the billet 66 than the original 63.5mm wheel, 30k miles.

jacobdewey

Reaction score
That new gtx4088 is made of gold! at least they think so. Do you think the performance gains would be worth almost 1k difference in price?!

I was just looking for a bit of an upgrade as compared to the s300 chargers.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
That new gtx4088 is made of gold! at least they think so. Do you think the performance gains would be worth almost 1k difference in price?!

The new design 4088 with dual ball bearings will be very nice on these trucks. I'd spend the extra grand on it.

jacobdewey

Reaction score
the 4094 is an old dog, the new GTX4088r will out perform the 4094. Dont forget we can supply you with a turbo kit, but would need the charger to make the necessary modifications.

Where did you get your 66 from? There is a reason why it didnt last. It wasnt balanced more than likely.

I really like your guys kit, but I don't see the need for the manifolds in my application. The stockers would work fine for me. I was also wondering how the up pipes connect, and if there was room left for a compound kit in the future.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score

Your comparing a billet wheel dual ball bearing turbo to a ? wheel journal bearing turbo. Garrett ball bearing turbos have always been expensive nothing new. But its not a cheap journal bearing BW style turbo either. Nothing wrong with BW turbos, I run one too. But your comparing a grilled cheese sandwich to caviar.

jacobdewey

Reaction score
Last edited:

jacobdewey

Reaction score
lol no, I know the reason in price difference between the BB garretts and the BW s-series chargers.

$700-$900 for a S366

The sticker shock is between these two. The only difference is the compressor side. Same turbine, same turbine options, and same center section, @ least that's how I read it.
$1500-$1800 for the GT4094R (67mm inducer)
$2200-$2600 for the GTX4088R (64mm inducer)

The next question is what turbine A.R. to get.... .85 or .95?

Latest posts

Members online