GTP38 Hybrid?

Back woods

Reaction score
Might have to send the housing to a machine shop.

Ordered the rest of the parts to put mine together. Picked up a 360 rebuild and a 9+0 billet wheel. Went with the 9+0 because it will be in a ported housing that is pretty loud with stepped blade wheels.

LakeBum

Reaction score
How much do you all have tied up in these molested stock turbos? :naughty:

Back woods

Reaction score
Under $500 with the sxe turbine, the ported housing is about 10 years old and has been all over so I dont really count that. The SXE turbine has a lot on the stocker.

-gtp38-hybrid-img_20180430_155458754_1525118223879.jpg

Back woods

Reaction score
Feels heavier but I don't have a scale that small. You can feel the difference in the mass when you hold them both.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Can't tell from the pic, but does it seem to have more blade area? Profile looks similar, but hard to tell if there is aby significant differences.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ja_cain

Reaction score
Awesome pics! That's a huge increase in blade surface area! Definitely looking forward to hearing some reviews on this bad boy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back woods

Reaction score
Patiently waiting for the rest of my parts. Basically it will be along the lines of an S360sxe 68mm turbine or 70mm depending. Reliable 425-450hp turbo with the right housing?

Back woods

Reaction score
Just got it in the truck, videos to follow. Definitely doesn't sound anything like the stock turbo. Pulls real nice, spins forever when it is shut off with the heavier turbine.

Back woods

Reaction score
A little bit slower than stock with the 1.15 are housing. I like it, have two more trucks I might get turbines for.

Back woods

Reaction score
A 60hp tune took care of the lag it had. Everyone who has riden in it can tell a difference over the stock turbo. Especially 2000-3200rpm, unbelievably quiet too. A little whistle when you let off but under boost it just sounds like moving air and nothing more.

I would like to stack one up to a 38r and see how they both perform. I know there is the "why mess with stock turbo" crowd but I think the guys at KC are on to something.

Back woods

Reaction score
Running a 60/80mm compressor, it is a BD style billet 9+0 blade ETT

Here is a video of it running with a light tune. Had to massage the downpipe a little bit to get it off the firewall but now it is a lot quieter. Loving this turbo, nice and mellow but pulls hard.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
A 60hp tune took care of the lag it had. Everyone who has riden in it can tell a difference over the stock turbo. Especially 2000-3200rpm, unbelievably quiet too. A little whistle when you let off but under boost it just sounds like moving air and nothing more.

I would like to stack one up to a 38r and see how they both perform. I know there is the "why mess with stock turbo" crowd but I think the guys at KC are on to something.
Sounds like the turbine wheel is close to a van turbo turbin. Might be bigger but i know paired with a 66comp wheel it should out perform a 38r but spool a lil slower since its not a dual ball bearing turbo. Should make a dam good combo

live life full throttle

Members online

No members online now.