Guages?

MFAnderson

Reaction score
Well I will start off buy saying that I am new here and I just purchased my first diesel this past week. It has custom tunes (I was told what they are but I cant remember), H11 head studs, and a 5 inch straight pipe, and egr delete. I think that is it for performance. But my question is what kind of guages do you guys recomend and what do you recomend me to monitor? Thanks for all input. :thumbsup:

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
What knd of tunes and/or tuning platform? SCT or something else? Recommend looking into a coolant filtration to help...they are relatively cheap and easy to install. I like my Edge CTS for monitoring many things at once but it also can't do a few necessary things. Oil and fuel pressure I recommend on normal guages. the edge also does data logging and read some DTC codes.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
On a 6.0 I feel it is an absolute must to monitor fuel pressure,oil temp and coolant temp as well as the standard egt,boost, and trans temp. Personally I have 4 gauge pillar with isspro performax series gauges. Egt, boost, fuel psi, and trans temp. I also have a scangauge that can read anything the computer monitors. I usually display oil temp, coolant temp, ficm voltage, and intake air temp ( with the zoodad while you are moving it reads pretty accurate outside temps. so I use it as a thermometer)

Welcome by the way man.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349587249240.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349587249240.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 149
  • uploadfromtaptalk1349587334943.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349587334943.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 155

MFAnderson

Reaction score
Im from Opp Alabama, and I have the sct x3 and I think i have some Inovative maybe elite? I am not real sure I will find out tomorrow. And I know the tune that I am currently running is neither of them but I cant remember but I know I had never heard of it before.

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Diesel Innovations and Grarhead are top 2 Tuners personally, and are vendors for the site. They are more though as well. I agree with CFDeng said. There are a variety ways of doing same thing but those are basics that should e monitored. I believe the 6.0L are great trucks once a few things are taken care of. Also check to see if u have the updated High Pressure Oil Pump that's has the new STC fitting cause te older one will eventually leak.

Last edited:

MFAnderson

Reaction score
Im not sure about what pump is in it but I do know the hpop was replaced the same time the studs were added.

MFAnderson

Reaction score
I like the idea of the edge insight but I really dont know. Would analog guages be better? or is there something better than both of these?

CCRICE

Reaction score
The edge insight does damn near all you need. And for a little extra coin you can add the harness to it to monitor damn near everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the chad

Reaction score
I like how i have my truck done. I do not like watching things on the edge racing, just personal preference. Its easier to me to be able to look over and see a needle position. I have my edge with EOT, ECT, Ficm, all that, to watch on trips and startup and all. Then I have FP, trans, boost, and pyro on the pillar. Very happy with it all.

strokin6L

Reaction score
i've got both analog gauges and an edge insight CS. I'm monitoring egt's, boost, trans, fuel pressure, and HPOP pressure by analog and then i'm monitoring enging oil temp, coolant temp, FICM volts and battery volts with the edge insight. Here's what my setup looks like....

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 127
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 159

MFAnderson

Reaction score
I like those digital gauges. Were is a good place to purchase them or even analog gauges? and the only pillar mounts i have seen are black? I have tan interior and I would like the pillar to stay tan.

smokedout250

Reaction score
I like those digital gauges. Were is a good place to purchase them or even analog gauges? and the only pillar mounts i have seen are black? I have tan interior and I would like the pillar to stay tan.

Hit up a vendor on the site. Go to the px there's lots of guys on here that sell them! As for the pod, they all come black but you can get a can of paint that matches your tan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WoodBoy

Reaction score
MFAnderson should have Super Panty Dropper (TSD), Some Gearhead tunes, and Elite Diesel tune package.

Lilpooh

Reaction score
Sorry, I never got around to writing a review for this site. Here is the review I did for another site. This was while it was being beta tested, since then it has been released to the public.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-0l-discussion/239295-dashboss-monitoring-review.html

Same for this next thread on adding external ports for EGT and Fuel psi. I eventually switch over from the cheap EGT amp to a more stable amp (they sell this at DashBoss). Nothing really wrong with the first one I used, it was just a little jumpy in readings because it didn't have a conditioner built in to prevent the readings from fluctuating too much for my liking.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/ge...243507-dashboss-iphone-external-port-how.html

Currently the beta version I'm testing has the ability to read FICM SYNC, Injection Timing, and read the corrected ICP psi. When custom tuned, the tune writers fool the PCM with lower ICP psi, and this causes OBDII monitors to read lower than normal ICP psi. In order to get the correct ICP psi when custom tuned, you need to read ICPv and convert by hand the volts to psi in order to get corrected ICP psi. These new PID's should be released to the public shortly.

Chucky1313

Reaction score
i've got both analog gauges and an edge insight CS. I'm monitoring egt's, boost, trans, fuel pressure, and HPOP pressure by analog and then i'm monitoring enging oil temp, coolant temp, FICM volts and battery volts with the edge insight. Here's what my setup looks like....

What brand are those gauges ?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.