Guess the issue!?

MorganY

Reaction score
Well here I am being "that guy" again!

Why are You charging a guy to fix his truck but asking the specs on a public internet forum.

I have done so many sets of heads I've probably forgotten about half of them. I quit counting at 37 cabs off. NEVER cut 6.0 heads.

The cost to your customer for new heads is cheaper than doing the job again on your dime.

You're taking an already weak and failure or crack prone casting and removing material from it.

Bad idea.

LOL you crazy

TurboM700

Reaction score
How is he to learn if he doesn't ask the questions? From someone who owns an auto repair shop I see nothing wrong with him asking questions. We all can't be experts when it comes to how much can be taking off 6.0l heads.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Show me a Ford cylinder head for a 6.0 that has -RM on the end of a part number.

I've been to WPEC. Returned heads are destroyed (hole drilled in the fire deck) and sent to scrap.

But this is the Internet. You guys are all experts; I forgot.

Used a roloc disc to prep the sealing surfaces too, right? :rolleyes:

Carry on.

"We fix cars right, sometimes on the first try" should not be the motto for ANY shop. Especially not one tasked with fixing trucks where your average repair starts at a thousand bucks.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Show me a Ford cylinder head for a 6.0 that has -RM on the end of a part number.

I've been to WPEC. Returned heads are destroyed (hole drilled in the fire deck) and sent to scrap.

Carry on.

"We fix cars right, sometimes on the first try" should not be the motto for ANY shop. Especially not one tasked with fixing trucks where your average repair starts at a thousand bucks.

Who pissed in ur coffee u backwoods brushape?

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

04stroker

Reaction score

Carry on.

Your a ford tech aren't you?

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Ford senior/diesel tech. Ontario 310S and 310T tech, drive clean inspector and repair tech, I could go on and on.

None of that matters here on the interwebs though.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
The thing I can't get over is a business owner coming on a forum that the truck's owner could be on, to ask for advice to fix it!

There's venues and forums for business owners and professional mechanics to ask advice on. A public forum where the information is only as credible as bathroom wall writing is not somewhere to get advice to fix a customers vehicle. Just my two cents.

For the record I am no longer a Ford wrench. I work in a fleet garage now and look mostly at international maxxforce and dt series engines.

04stroker

Reaction score
Ford senior/diesel tech. Ontario 310S and 310T tech, drive clean inspector and repair tech, I could go on and on.

None of that matters here on the interwebs though.

Been there done that home slice. Just because ford and the teachers at your classes say you can't do something doesn't mean you can't. They told me I could not do all sorts of stuff that I still do to this day with no problems. Thankfully no longer work there and work for myself.

04stroker

Reaction score
The thing I can't get over is a business owner coming on a forum that the truck's owner could be on, to ask for advice to fix it!

There's venues and forums for business owners and professional mechanics to ask advice on. A public forum where the information is only as credible as bathroom wall writing is not somewhere to get advice to fix a customers vehicle. Just my two cents.

For the record I am no longer a Ford wrench. I work in a fleet garage now and look mostly at international maxxforce and dt series engines.

I would take advice from several people here before some "professional mechanics" on these other forums you speak of.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Yeah, but doing stuff just because you think it will work is kind of like masturbating in public. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

I would never cut a 6.0 head on my own truck, let alone a customer's truck. Based on the valve train, head construction and engine design I believe that, and have been told by international techs and talked to guys that work in the foundry where the heads are cast and machines that cutting six liter heads is again, like jerking off in public.

04stroker

Reaction score
Yeah, but doing stuff just because you think it will work is kind of like masturbating in public. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

I would never cut a 6.0 head on my own truck, let alone a customer's truck. Based on the valve train, head construction and engine design I believe that, and have been told by international techs and talked to guys that work in the foundry where the heads are cast and machines that cutting six liter heads is again, like jerking off in public.

Cutting the head if done properly works plain and simple and is perfectly fine. I would never put a set of heads back on that weren't cut to a .000 tolerance.

brian89

Reaction score

it also says on probably every go fast part on you truck "for off road use only" but i bet you still "jerk off in public" on that don't you? And as a fellow professional techanician, being on here is probably better than asking the jerk off in the lift next to you or asking another know it all so called "professional" on a pro forum, and i find this site alot more professionally helpful than any where or anybody else because people here aren't afraid to give it to you straight, and not try and sell you some bull

Bill Payer

Reaction score
Guess the issue.... GUESS THE ISSUE????

WTF is that all about? Fixing trucks by popular opinion? Long before I started pulling a cab, I would have had a REAL good idea of what it was I expected to find. Sumbuddy gonna look real stoopid if it turns out to be a bent push tube or some other basic problem.

Oh... wait... sumbuddy is already trying hard to look.... naw - that's mean.

As for grinding heads? The deck mating surface is already too thin for my liking... making it thinner just gets the motor one step closer to being a hand grenade. Some of you rocket scientists kinda miss the obvious.

Latest posts

Members online