Guy hit me...what else should I look for

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
06 f250 ccsb fx4

Guy came into my lane and hit the front on my truck...

Aside of body work is there anything I should pay attention to mechanically ? No coolant oil or fuel is leaking. His insurance has to pick up the tab obviously so it'll be fixed w OEM parts

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359841621191.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359841621191.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 310

Stroker04

Reaction score
By the looks of it nothing should of been damaged under the hood, check the PCM behind the drivers side battery. Not sure if it hit that far back or not by looking at the picture.

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Might as well upgrade to an 08 front clip.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I doubt his insurance is gonna wanna do that but I'm gonna talk to my body guy to price that vs repair.

At minimum its gonna take drivers fender ,bumper , grill , drivers door and mirror wheel and tire , and all associated hardware. Plus labor, plus a rental vehicle. I think its gonna get costly.

Law here is anything over 5 years old gets aftermarket parts but I'm gonna fight for oem

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
By the looks of it nothing should of been damaged under the hood, check the PCM behind the drivers side battery. Not sure if it hit that far back or not by looking at the picture.

I looked at it and it doesn't look damaged. Could anything have broken internally

weazel

Reaction score
Did you check the frame rails? The bumper is mounted to a crumple zones.

Sent from in a ditch up side down and on fire with the wheels still spinning

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Did you check the frame rails? The bumper is mounted to a crumple zones.

No I have not. But I will.

I'm going to shoot for all OEM parts body parts and wheel. After all their guy crossed 2 lanes of traffic and ran into me.

Maybe try to fit a set of 215's in there w it.

weazel

Reaction score
Also check the intercooler and everything else, I know you said it was not leaking coolant, but I would still check, and if the intercooler is bent/broken/punctured it won't leak anything (except air) better safe than sorry

And also good to see you are not messed up from the crash. Best of luck to you

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Also check the intercooler and everything else, I know you said it was not leaking coolant, but I would still check, and if the intercooler is bent/broken/punctured it won't leak anything (except air) better safe than sorry

And also good to see you are not messed up from the crash. Best of luck to you

Thanks. It was fairly minor in the scheme of things...guy just hit me kinda hard.

Like most everyone here my trucks like my second child...I hate seeing it sick

It's def not totaled but the resale value just dropped several grand due to the forthcoming paper trail of an accident

Rodslinger

Reaction score
Check steering box and pitman arm. Also make sure the seat belts are still working properly. The bed sometimes likes to kiss the back of the cab.
If the insurance company uses Aftermarket parts, make sure they are CAPA certified. Check the headland adjustment. Aftermarket ones like to point everywhere but strait.
Good luck!

weazel

Reaction score
Check steering box and pitman arm. Also make sure the seat belts are still working properly. The bed sometimes likes to kiss the back of the cab.
If the insurance company uses Aftermarket parts, make sure they are CAPA certified. Check the headland adjustment. Aftermarket ones like to point everywhere but strait.
Good luck!

Once again, good info. I have aftermarket head lights, I put them in as part of my XL delete work, they point straight but I'm not super happy with the fit, they are a little loose

punkrockford

Reaction score
If bags were deployed then seatbelts need to be replaced as well. The female wide of the belt retracts when the bag is deployed. Have the truck put in the air and the whole front end Looked at.

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Bags weren't deployed. By law the ins company is required to allow me to have my truck fixed at my preferred shop so it will only go somewhere I trust. It will probably end up in litigation.

A little detail...the driver was illegal...the vehicle owner is nowhere to be found...I have filed the claim with the vehicles insurance company. I'll know more Monday.

punkrockford

Reaction score
If you have a police report then all you do is report it to your insurance company and they will fix your truck and go after the owner of the other car. If the accident is not your fault then they wont even raise your rates

Snake

Reaction score
Have your hub bearings, suspension, and steering components checked. Hidden damage is exactly that: hidden.

Insist on OEM parts.

Google "diminished value claim" and see if you can find a company in your area.

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I'm supposed to get a call from their insurance rep tomorrow or Tuesday so we'll go from there. Of course its a nation wide insurance company so it not like I can walk in and actually speak to someone face to face. I'll keep you guy updated.

punkrockford

Reaction score
Talk to your insurance rep first, you may not want to talk to their insurance company, they will try to get you to settle for less then your owed. NEVER!!!!! talk to the other guys insurance company, get in touch with yours and let them handle it.

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Talk to your insurance rep first, you may not want to talk to their insurance company, they will try to get you to settle for less then your owed. NEVER!!!!! talk to the other guys insurance company, get in touch with yours and let them handle it.

This is exactly what I've done. You're actually point on. To begin with I contacted his....and of course his policy has been 'inactive for over a year' but not reported to DMV....his REp said she was not sure they'd be able to pay the claim but they're going to move my truck to a storage free facility over an hour away....I basically told her to go f*** herself.

Come to find out that storage free facility is also a salvage yard ..go figure.

My insurance is going to fix my truck and most likely sue his for the balance owed.

I'll get my deductible back. And going to shoot for enough for sticks and maybe a used pmax.... maybe a new one.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.