Guy hit me...what else should I look for

TripleE44

Reaction score
This is exactly what I've done. You're actually point on. To begin with I contacted his....and of course his policy has been 'inactive for over a year' but not reported to DMV....his REp said she was not sure they'd be able to pay the claim but they're going to move my truck to a storage free facility over an hour away....I basically told her to go f*** herself.

Come to find out that storage free facility is also a salvage yard ..go figure.

My insurance is going to fix my truck and most likely sue his for the balance owed.

I'll get my deductible back. And going to shoot for enough for sticks and maybe a used pmax.... maybe a new one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I just went through a similar situation. Guy hit me and just bent my rear bumper, his insurance company then called me and told me that the guy that hit me had a shop at his company office that would fix it for me free of charge. LOL Ya right. I called my insurance company who went after them and ended up getting my money after like 6 months or something like that.

But with your insurance company handling it, they'll make sure you get money for the best parts probably because they should be able to recover the money.

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I just went through a similar situation. Guy hit me and just bent my rear bumper, his insurance company then called me and told me that the guy that hit me had a shop at his company office that would fix it for me free of charge. LOL Ya right. I called my insurance company who went after them and ended up getting my money after like 6 months or something like that.

But with your insurance company handling it, they'll make sure you get money for the best parts probably because they should be able to recover the money.

This is what I'm shooting for. I have nc farm bureau and have always had great service when it comes to claims and such. The police report clearly puts the other guy at fault. Hell it says the driver of unit 1 is at fault. Lol so they really won't be able to evade paying

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Update

Went to crank my truck today...just to keep the battery up as it hasn't ran since last Saturday

Noticed the degas was higher than its been normally...

Truck is studded and deleted...new oil cooler.... cat elc....

As I said before nothing is leaking externally...its been sitting for a few days now and there was a puff of smoke when it cranked...

I let it idle to operating temp...the bottle was all but full at this point....I released the cap and there was very little pressure built up...

The truck is sitting on the rim on the front drivers side...could that cause the higher level of the bottle?

Also there is no oil or fuel apparently present in the coolant.

Last edited:

Snake

Reaction score
Yes, being lower on the left front could cause the degas bottle to be more full.

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Yes, being lower on the left front could cause the degas bottle to be more full.

Thanks. Just making sure. Kinda had me worried for a few but with a lack of excess pressure it kinda relieved me a little bit.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
need to make sure they use oem parts and not some junkyard knock offs, had a car one time that got hit (older Porsche) and the oem part was to expensive and they tried to get a junkyard part, have to keep an eye on them

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
need to make sure they use oem parts and not some junkyard knock offs, had a car one time that got hit (older Porsche) and the oem part was to expensive and they tried to get a junkyard part, have to keep an eye on them

Of course. I ended up filing on my insurance. And let them fight it out with his. They're going to use ford parts.

My body guy is good and he's said numerous times.... aftermarket parts don't fit....you have to make them fit and you never satisfy the customer

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Update

Estimate of 8890 NOT including a new OEM 20 which is to be added which will bring the total over 10k.

Big items to be replaced w ford parts...main panels...radiator core......door..hood...windshield...bumper...mirror...20" wheel to be added

This got costly...thank god I wasn't at fault...

On another note...at fault party has yet to provide an active policy number...

Bottom line is...fuc**r had No insurance but the company he had the inactive policy with failed to report it to the DMV....

These guys running around w no insurance should have their toes cut off

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Bump

Getting her back Friday...what are key things to look at when I get it back? I've never dealt with any kind of repair...all my wrecks have been total losses

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
Update

Estimate of 8890 NOT including a new OEM 20 which is to be added which will bring the total over 10k.

Big items to be replaced w ford parts...main panels...radiator core......door..hood...windshield...bumper...mirror...20" wheel to be added

This got costly...thank god I wasn't at fault...

On another note...at fault party has yet to provide an active policy number...

Bottom line is...fuc**r had No insurance but the company he had the inactive policy with failed to report it to the DMV....

These guys running around w no insurance should have their feet cut off

Fixed it :)

Rodslinger

Reaction score
Fit and finish. Look for a line up on the body lines. Look to see if the wheels line up in the wells. Make sure one is not farther back then the others. Do a good side to side comparison. Check the color in the sunlight. Look for the texture to match the rest of the car. Do a test drive and check to see if it pulls. Check all fluids.
If its a good shop, this should be all done for you. That's what's on our check sheet.
Hope that helps

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
The repair looks great. Everything lines up very well...I'm very satisfied...

My insurance fixed the truck as stated before...and will sub-ligate to the at faults insurance...

Latest issue...the other guys insurance offered a sweet loss of use offer via email....a whooping 300 bucks...for 35 days in the shop...Lol

Not happening...

Anyone know anything about north Carolina insurance law?

If I'm not badly mistaken the at fault ins is required to provide an equivalent rental .. which is 95.00+ a day...or 633.05 weekly...

If I end up hiring a lawyer...they end up w 30-40% off the top of any settlement.. if I don't....??

Any advice?

Also neither a reimbursement for my deductible nor a diminished value has been offered yet...and nc is a diminished value law state so it does apply.

Snake

Reaction score
I'm not sure where you got your information about offering an equivalent rental, but that really only applies if the vehicle being repaired was used for work and there's a potential loss of income. Meaning you have to have a truck to do your job (a car can't pull a 20' trailer, etc). Normally rental reimbursement is $30/day for a maximum of 30 days.

Your insurance company should be trying to recover your deductible from the other company and then refund you that amount.

The other insurance company isn't going to take the initiative to offer you money for diminished value. The process usually starts with you paying to have your vehicle inspected by a certified appraiser. The appraiser will tell you the dollar amount of your diminished value and then you send a Demand letter to the other insurance company for that amount, the cost of the inspection fee, and loss of use.

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I'm not sure where you got your information about offering an equivalent rental, but that really only applies if the vehicle being repaired was used for work and there's a potential loss of income. Meaning you have to have a truck to do your job (a car can't pull a 20' trailer, etc). Normally rental reimbursement is $30/day for a maximum of 30 days.

Your insurance company should be trying to recover your deductible from the other company and then refund you that amount.

The other insurance company isn't going to take the initiative to offer you money for diminished value. The process usually starts with you paying to have your vehicle inspected by a certified appraiser. The appraiser will tell you the dollar amount of your diminished value and then you send a Demand letter to the other insurance company for that amount, the cost of the inspection fee, and loss of use.

I got that information from the DOI....:confused:

And I'm an electrician...and use the truck for work...tough to haul 1000' of pipe in an accord..

Snake

Reaction score
Then I'd definitely agree that you're entitled to be reimbursed for an equivalent replacement. Be prepared - they will ask for a rental receipt.

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Then I'd definitely agree that you're entitled to be reimbursed for an equivalent replacement. Be prepared - they will ask for a rental receipt.

Not a problem at all...

By the way. The f250 w the 6.2 is peppy.

However state law does not require me to provide proof that I rented anything at all...yet does require me to provide proof that I may have had to...

Essentially..I have to prove that I was at a loss without my vehicle...simple enough.

Last edited:

Snake

Reaction score
I see where you're going with that, and I agree. But to get any money from the insurance company, you'll have to prove you paid $95/day for a rental truck because it was needed for work OR loss of revenue because your truck was in for repairs. Loss of revenue could mean that a multiple vehicle fleet was reduced by one, or you weren't able to work / lost particular jobs.

That being said, all of the above is completely different than loss of use tied to a diminished value claim.

Most importantly, you have your truck back and are happy with the repairs. :toast:

Snake

Reaction score
Just read your post again and wanted to clarify.....

The state law you're referring to is for loss of use, and you're entitled to that regardless of whether you rented a car/truck or not.

To get a $95/day rental reimbursement, you'll need a receipt for the rental.

Or you may be able to show loss of revenue because your work truck was being repaired, and you can seek reimbursement for that.

My first post wasn't very clear.

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Just read your post again and wanted to clarify.....

The state law you're referring to is for loss of use, and you're entitled to that regardless of whether you rented a car/truck or not.

To get a $95/day rental reimbursement, you'll need a receipt for the rental.

Or you may be able to show loss of revenue because your work truck was being repaired, and you can seek reimbursement for that.

My first post wasn't very clear.

You're exactly right. I reread my post as well and it wasn't very clear either Lol

Receipts are no issue. I keep everything.

Really had no loss of income aside of the rental. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a 3/4 ton rental around here? Lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.