Guys who went from a 6.0 to a 6.4...

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I would love a 6.4...but having a paid off 6.0 is just fine for now. It's a great running solid truck. I have all the parts needed if it pukes but so far so good.

jdgleason

Reaction score
I would love a 6.4...but having a paid off 6.0 is just fine for now. It's a great running solid truck. I have all the parts needed if it pukes but so far so good.

Lol your 6.0 is perfect.... its exactly what you want, and built to do exactly what you need it to do. I love functional simplicity :D

Mdub707

Reaction score
just so you know i paid 23k for my truck with 68k on it. It is an fx4 with black leather, brand new terra grapplers, and nav (aftermarket) truck is clean, clean, clean and had a fairly clean oasis report.

Damn... I might just look around in TX and fly down and drive back. I've heard the same from a lot of guys, these trucks are dirt cheap in TX. I'm having a hard time finding a decently (not even fully loaded truck) nice one for under $30k here..

That's my thoughts too, except you haven't really had to deal with any of the issues I have. Having a truck paid off is going to be a great feeling, but warranty is up end of this month too. I've had all the parts needed if it puked too, and I'm doing it over and over and over again. Hopefully, done right this time.

Lol your 6.0 is perfect.... its exactly what you want, and built to do exactly what you need it to do. I love functional simplicity :D

I feel the same about mine, except when it starts pushing coolant again.

chappy

Reaction score
And just the little internal things in the 6.4,
I don't have to completely lock the blinker down or up but have a mid point where I let my finger off and it goes back to neutral, that helps during traffic.
Folding and much bigger mirrors.
Cab power doesn't cut off when you take the key out but only when you open the door.
Easy access aux port.
The interior isn't a 6.7 but comes close.
And probably a lot more I can't think of
But little things make me happy.

But when I want power under my foot I go to my modded 6.0

My 04 has the blinker thing and when I take the key out I have power eerything till I open the door even with the key out. I have the 08 mirrors that came on the truck but thats something that was added. Did your 6.0 not have those optons ?

chappy

Reaction score
I should add I would love a 6.4 as well but I love the intieror, dash ect. of my 04 and since its black and dark grey inside I love it. It took so long to find one like that I don't know how long it would take to find a 6.4 like that. I dislike the 05 up interiors. I might be wierd but I just don't lke them. I purposely bought a 04 just for that reason. The 08 dash is even more hideous to me. If metal cancer wasn't a problem like it is here in the salt belt I could keep a truck like this forever. But some day when its a rusty mess I'll have to ship it down the road.

Last edited:

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
loving it-never looked back. it is all it's hype up to be. getting great mpg, and power is unreal for a tune. plus the truck as a whole is nicer than my 6 leaker. only thing I miss is the sound. sometimes LOL

---
- Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk while smacking cummings owners in the 6 whore

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
My 04 has the blinker thing and when I take the key out I have power eerything till I open the door even with the key out. I have the 08 mirrors that came on the truck but thats something that was added. Did your 6.0 not have those optons ?

My 07 is an xlt. I may or may not have the options. I haven't daily driven the truck in over a year, so it's a blur. It may of had the power when the key is out but I dont remember my blinker having the halfway mark, maybe it does have it and I don't remember. But I love the telescoping mirrors, use it every time I park. I didn't like the looks of the 08 mirrors compared to 05' but the visibility is so much better.

Don't know if the earlier years had it but the dual climate control is a huge plus. Especially since the girlfriend is always cold lol.

And wasn't sure if the older higher than xlt packages came with a chipped key, but that gives me a peace of mind with the 08

Last edited:

Mdub707

Reaction score
My 07 is an xlt. I may or may not have the options. I haven't daily driven the truck in over a year, so it's a blur. It may of had the power when the key is out but I dont remember my blinker having the halfway mark, maybe it does have it and I don't remember. But I love the telescoping mirrors, use it every time I park. I didn't like the looks of the 08 mirrors compared to 05' but the visibility is so much better.

Don't know if the earlier years had it but the dual climate control is a huge plus. Especially since the girlfriend is always cold lol.

And wasn't sure if the older higher than xlt packages came with a chipped key, but that gives me a peace of mind with the 08

I think only the harley trucks had the chipped keys. Maybe some other high end ones like the outlaw or something. I know Lariat's did not.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Now isn't the time to buy a used anything. Used prices are higher than ever. If the job market ever picks up they will go down, then you get more truck for less money. The first thing folks do when they get a job is go buy a new vehicle and trade in their perfectly good 2-3 year old vehicle.
You can get payments damn near a used trucks on a brand new one right now. I've been keeping an eye out for a used 3/4 Cummins powered Ram for my brother (I think he was either adpoted or maybe my mom was drinking too much while pregnant with him). The new ones are within' a few thousand bucks of the used with better financing options on the new. Just look at that too. I'd hate for you to jump into a 6.4 and in a year the price falls on em'.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I had an 04 F350 SRW FX4 with Innovative Tuning.
Lifted 6" all spring with an extra spring in the back for towing a fifthwheel.
35's with 4.56's, air bags, Spearco Intercooler, Intake, 4" turbo back, coolant filter and some other amenities added to make the drive nice for everyone in the truck.
Loved the truck. Would still have it if it was a dually, new trailer is too heavy for a single rear wheel truck.
Replaced with an 08 F450 4x4 with Innovative Tuning. (I think Eric has a talent for tranny tuning).
245/70/19.5's with 4.88's (Wish I had 4.30's)
Drop in filter, 4" Turbo back, coolant filter with amenities starting.
Power the 6.4 takes it.
Miss Eric's turbo brake on the 04.
I love the dually. It is a purpose truck, towing the fifth wheel. Very stable, great power for towing and the temps stay cool.
If my 04 was a dually would have kept it. I didnt have a problem with it. But I am a freak about maintenance, towed with my head and not my right foot and didnt run big tunes very often same with the dually, has the tow tune loaded 95% of the time.