h and s xrt pro tuner

NCPowerStroke

Reaction score
Thinking about getting one. I have an 04 6.0 and its completley stock. No deletes, no new headstuds, nothing completley stock exhaust as well. Is this programmer safe for me to run?

CCRICE

Reaction score
Yup look around on here and find a sct from our sponsors and get some custom tunes, they will tailor to what you are expecting from your vehicle and will write them so you can safely run them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCPowerStroke

Reaction score
i would try sct, but i kinda want to try this tuner out.. my buddy has one and he likes his. i just need to know if itll do any harm to my engine if i run it with stock exhaust, studs, etc.

NCPowerStroke

Reaction score
gosh i got the tuners mixed up!

i want an mini maxx. idk why i said the other one

few questions then ill stop asking about mini maxx
1) i have stock exhaust, will that cause any problems
2) i have stock head studs, is that ok
3) will my truck be ok?

i want the mini maxx nothing else. not htc.

97strokn&smokn

Reaction score
I have seen transmission go boom more than once with the minimaxx on stock trucks, I would go with the sct.I believe the issue with the H&S has to do with timing between shift solenoids it causes a flare between gears.

Fox hunt

Reaction score
What kind of truck does your buddy have? Mini max is the way to go for the 6.4 and 6.7, as for the 6.0 sct with custom tunes all the way.

harrisford

Reaction score
NCpowerstroke, did you go with the H&S? If so, do you like it? Several of my friends run H&S (successfully) on 6.0s and Im looking into one too

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
If you want the mini max just get it. Others have tried to sway you to a better tuner for your specific truck. the mini max is not the best or most cost effective. It will add power though.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I'm asking. I've never seen anybody recommend H&S for the 6.0. I've read/heard about transmissions getting torn up. I am just surprised to see somebody recommending it, and I'm just curious what your experience has been.

I'm looking at buying a 6.0 and would like to use H&S as I'm familiar with their product and have a bunch of mini maxxes on hand. BUT, I don't want to tear up a transmission

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I'm asking. I've never seen anybody recommend H&S for the 6.0. I've read/heard about transmissions getting torn up. I am just surprised to see somebody recommending it, and I'm just curious what your experience has been.

I'm looking at buying a 6.0 and would like to use H&S as I'm familiar with their product and have a bunch of mini maxxes on hand. BUT, I don't want to tear up a transmission

Why would it tear up your transmission? Its the same transmission thats in the 6.4 and there are no problems there. If it tore up transmissions I could assure you H&S wouldn't have it on the market for it.

People generally go with SCT because of all the custom tuning that can be had on that platform. However there is nothing wrong with using an H&S tuner on a 6.0 if your not interested in custom tuning.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Why would it tear up your transmission? Its the same transmission thats in the 6.4 and there are no problems there. If it tore up transmissions I could assure you H&S wouldn't have it on the market for it.

People generally go with SCT because of all the custom tuning that can be had on that platform. However there is nothing wrong with using an H&S tuner on a 6.0 if your not interested in custom tuning.

So the 6.0 and 6.4 share the same tranny. Does that mean they are controlled the same way? Iirc the 6.4 has a standalone tcm where the 6.0 is grouped in with the pcm. Which is why tuning on the 6.0 is more critical. Sure you can use the adaptive learning for shift on the fly stuff. Heck banks, edge and bullydog have been doing that for years with great sucess.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
As a side point, isn't the greatness of the h&s stuff thru custom tuning on the 6.4 and 6.7? which I didn't think is avalible for the 6.0? If so it is basically a generic tuner with a flashy gauge panel..

Latest posts

Members online