H&S CCV Delete How-to/Guide

jcain

Reaction score
This write-up is for the new H&S FULL CCV Delete. Hopefully the pictures and tid-bits will help someone complete this task more easily.

The bag of goodies.

IMAG0632.jpg

First, look at your engine bay and think, SOB, there is **** everywhere, how will I ever get my fat hands in there to do this mod???!!!

IMAG0633.jpg

I needed to change my fuel filters anyways so I bled all the fuel pressure off at the LP filter (changed it) and then removed the HPFF assembly.

IMAG0634.jpg

Remove the hotside intercooler pipe at the i/c and rotate it clockwise and then secure it to the dipsticks to keep it out of the way.

IMAG0635.jpg

Now remove the corrugated pipe from the factory ccw to the intake inlet. The trick to the silver connector on the intake is to hold the black part stationary then shove the silver deal in and rotate counter clockwise and pull it towards you.

IMAG0637.jpg

This is the oil at both connection points...

IMAG0636.jpg

IMAG0640.jpg

Last edited:

jcain

Reaction score
Now to remove the FOUR (4) 10mm bolts from the factory ccv box. There is one bolt hiding at the far bottom backside, I have including a mirror picture of it and the extension/swivel combo that let me get to it with ease. One of the bolts is a stud bolt and to get to it you'll need to remove the two bolts holding down a HP fuel line so you can get a better shot at it.

IMAG0649.jpg

IMAG0643.jpg

IMAG0645.jpg

IMAG0647.jpg

IMAG0648.jpg

And here is what comes dripping out of the CCV immediately. One can only imagine the **** it pumps into the intake.

IMAG0650.jpg

IMAG0651.jpg

Last edited:

jcain

Reaction score
Remove the o-rings from the factory ccv and transfer them to the 2 billet pieces. Install the bigger blank one with the supplied allen head bolt.

Build the threaded billet piece outside of the engine bay as I've shown.

IMAG0653.jpg

IMAG0655.jpg

IMAG0656.jpg

IMAG0657.jpg

Now install the rubber boot/nipple with a ziptie for the factory intake. You won't do this if you have aftermarket piping.

IMAG0658.jpg

Now reinstall the HPFF and all fuel lines. Don't forget to reinstall the two bolts on the HP fuel line you removed earlier. Look at all that open space now!

IMAG0659.jpg

Now to route all your hose how you'd line it. I chased my LP return line and then dumped it on top of the transfer-case skid plate.

IMAG0661.jpg

Let your fuel system prime before cranking and once it does go ahead and recheck all your connections. Also put your finger at the hose dump and make sure you feel some air flow to ensure nothing is kinked critically.

Hope this helps.

Jon

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Nice tutorial...think I'll wait until I install a whole piping kit though. I'm lazy like that. LOL

Squat and Poot

Reaction score
So I'm almost done installing my kit and I'm wondering where you got the rubber nipple? And what size.

This write up helped immensely

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Jon, this write-up review was excellent! It really helped tremendously last weekend. Just wanted to say mad props bro!

Squat and Poot

Reaction score
New one coming your way S&P.

You're the man!

Again thanks to JCain and this write up. Made the install go much smoother.

Tips I'll add:

For the corrugated plastic tube I held the black part still and used a long screwdriver to move the grey piece counter clockwise while I pulled.

8mm bolts for the rear two on the ccv. I'm not sure if this is different for different year models and can't remember if the others were 10mm.

I dumped the vent line along the frame rail to atmosphere instead of the skid plate.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.