H&S CCV Delete How-to/Guide

Reaction score
You're the man!

Again thanks to JCain and this write up. Made the install go much smoother.

Tips I'll add:

For the corrugated plastic tube I held the black part still and used a long screwdriver to move the grey piece counter clockwise while I pulled.

8mm bolts for the rear two on the ccv. I'm not sure if this is different for different year models and can't remember if the others were 10mm.

I dumped the vent line along the frame rail to atmosphere instead of the skid plate.

When removing that plastic tube and rotating the gray piece, did you do what jcain did and disconnect the hot side intercooler tube and tie it up and out of the way to access it? Or were you able to get to it without removing the one side of the intercooler pipe?

Squat and Poot

Reaction score
When removing that plastic tube and rotating the gray piece, did you do what jcain did and disconnect the hot side intercooler tube and tie it up and out of the way to access it? Or were you able to get to it without removing the one side of the intercooler pipe?

I removed the hot side intercooler tube, it's really easy and makes everything during install easier to reach.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Btw my buddy just did his tonight on his 15 and got a code from unplugging the sensor? He said something about "CCV circuit A" or something but hes trying to search for the electrical problem right now. Is this just an issue on 15s

Last edited:

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Holy hell sorry for triple post. Couldnt get to edit button quick enough. Code thrown is P04E3. He is running a no limit ccv kit but that wouldnt make a difference. JW if anyone else is having trouble on 15s?

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Apparantely he fixed the code by loading a new tune on. (very random) But now his headlights arent working. He has custom retro fit style projector housings inside. I told him he should have unplugged his battery first before doing anything but I'm headed out there to see what the deal is.

Notneb

Reaction score
I used the No Limit kit, and ended up fabbing up a setup to dump it into the exhaust, so now the smoke comes out the exhaust instead of under the front. Now people don't tell me my truck is on fire at stop lights...

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
I used the No Limit kit, and ended up fabbing up a setup to dump it into the exhaust, so now the smoke comes out the exhaust instead of under the front. Now people don't tell me my truck is on fire at stop lights...

LMFAO! My buddies eyes lit up when he saw the haze coming from under my door. He literally thought something was on fire LOL

i'd like to see what you came up with. have welder, will weld!

Same here! But I cant weld for sh**. LOL

Notneb

Reaction score
Well it's not pretty, but this is my rough draft. Going to see how well it works before I weld something prettier and more permanent on, lol. Basically I used 3/4" connector in front to connect my 1"OD hose to the one supplied in the No Limit CCV kit. I then ran this down the driver side frame rail, then over on top of the fuel tank and zip tied it to the bed rails, and finally over the rear axle.
038_zpsgzhkisq0.jpg

As you can see from the picture, I simply used a 3/4 hose to 3/4 pipe connector and threaded it into a 10" piece of pipe, into a 90 degree elbow into the exhaust. On the inside I used another 90 degree elbow to direct the output from the ccv towards the exhaust outlet.

So far so good, going to monitor it to see if there's a lot of heat transfer, enough to start melting the hose or not. I don't think so as the exhaust doesn't get hot enough back there to do that, but Murphy's law and all...

Once I've got some miles on it and determined the setup to be a good one, I'll weld up a prettier setup that looks less Home Depot special, and more "professional".

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Thats really neat!!! Thanks for sharing that and keep us posted on heat transfer!

Latest posts

Members online