H&S Filter Conversion Kit

Jomax

Reaction score
Hey I'm happy with it! No more air/fuel noise up top at the filter! Have you seen any setups where someone has mounted it remotely? Any idea on what to do with the fuel lines at that point? Thanks!

Maybe leave the quick connect ends that screw into the filter head on the lines, and buy steel braided line that screws onto the end. Then buy a coupling that screws into the filter head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Maybe leave the quick connect ends that screw into the filter head on the lines, and buy steel braided line that screws onto the end. Then buy a coupling that screws into the filter head.

Good idea! I wonder what the size and thread is? I looked on their website and it doesn't say.

ImAti0n

Reaction score
Went to change my fuel filters and while assembling the HS Kit. Ran into a problem. The ports do not want to thread in all the way. See pic below:
2j3idfp.jpg

Using Permatex thread sealant for high temps and diesel fuel.

Installed as you see it and ran an errand came home checked on it and saw some fuel that looked like it's leaking out. So I put the OEM one back on for now. Any suggestions?

Also new filter vs OEM filter at around ~14,000 miles.
2vae3ok.jpg

Also double and triple check that you secure the fuel lines on the engine mounted filter. Make sure it actually CLICKS in. Don't do what I do and prime the lines 6 times then hear a loud pop and see fuel all over the engine bay lol. :doh:

Jomax

Reaction score
I was never able to get my threads in all the way.

ImAti0n

Reaction score
I was never able to get my threads in all the way.

Does that look like yours sort of?

I hand tightened them with a crescent wrench but seeing that fuel worried me.

Notneb

Reaction score
How long did you allow the thread sealant to cure? I used permatex as well and let mine cure for 24 hours. My threads also stick out but they're pretty even with eachother. Keep in mind these are aluminum fittings and housing, not steel, so they won't go all the way in. I would pull the fittings again, wire brush the fittings, then re-apply the sealant. Be liberal with it, make sure the threads are covered all the way around, re install them by putting the filter housing in a vice *use rubber sheeting to grip it*. Let it cure over night *24 hours preferably* and put it on the truck again.

ImAti0n

Reaction score
How long did you allow the thread sealant to cure? I used permatex as well and let mine cure for 24 hours. My threads also stick out but they're pretty even with eachother. Keep in mind these are aluminum fittings and housing, not steel, so they won't go all the way in. I would pull the fittings again, wire brush the fittings, then re-apply the sealant. Be liberal with it, make sure the threads are covered all the way around, re install them by putting the filter housing in a vice *use rubber sheeting to grip it*. Let it cure over night *24 hours preferably* and put it on the truck again.

Funny you mention that. When I was on the way to dinner I was thinking of all the things that I could have done wrong and that was one of them. I didn't let the sealant dry and set. So I took everything off and cleaned the threads and reapplied. Now it's sitting on the dryer. I'll put it on the truck when I get home from work Saturday morning.

And thanks. Good to know about the threads. I thought maybe mine may have been damaged during production or something.

Jomax

Reaction score
I will be remote mounting mine. Just haven't had the time

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.