H&S mini rail pressure

TheBigNasty

Reaction score
I'm considering switching to SCT, but before I do, has anyone had their rail pressure try to kick back up after letting off the throttle? Mainly notice it in town driving. Locked up in 6 and it will fall to idle as you would expect. It's done it forever, and I'm about damn tired of it. Talked to an h&s guy in person about it, and nothing ever came of it. Running SW 1.03.1 default tune. Does it in any setting, even "stock".

The graphs are live, so in reverse. After the initial accel, the pedal is never touched. Excuse the fat fingers and eye fone.

89B96FAD-38AD-4CE0-BAC6-8900DB2D248F.jpg

9A17CEE5-99A1-4C22-9742-0C3A60FE3F5D.jpg

BOHICA256

Reaction score
Mine does it, but it's always at a very low speed. I let off the accelerator and it sounds like a throttle blip but I'm not even touching the pedal. Thought it was weird but I'm pretty positive it's not bad so I never questioned it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheBigNasty

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not worried about any damage, just terrible drivability. Out on the highway I love it, around town not so much.

Dwburroug

Reaction score
May be a stupid question but that's not an up shift is it? I doubt unless you got on the brakes hard.

I do know, and this comes more from a gas engine background, when you wind an engine out and then remove all load it is difficult to get tuning to "fall" staight from near redline to near idle with seamless transition.

If you have ever watched a really nasty car on the dyno driven by the owner who knows the car after the end of the run you will notice they don't just push the clutch in and let it try to idle. They blip it a time or two. A lot of times the car will actually die if you don't don't do that trying to "fall" so hard to idle.

Maybe this has nothing to do with what you are talking about but just a thought.

fnlyfree

Reaction score
My 2012 does something similar to this at low speed/low rpm. It does it with no tuning. I don't understand it either.

maxxedout

Reaction score
Before you give up on the H&S tuner, you might want to give Gearhead's tunes a shot. I'm running his tunes on my 2012, and EVERYTHING about them is smoother and more refined than the H&S files. Not to discredit H&S, but the Gearhead tunes are much more driveable in my opinion.

Latest posts

Members online