H&S PRO Tuner

fubolislif22

Reaction score
How's it going!

I recently bought my new to me 08 F250 with about 130k miles on it, fully ******d, 4" exhaust, MBRP up pipes, ccv reroute, ARP head studs, New HPFP, New Oil cooler, new Turbo cartilage, New stock injectors, Sump Kit, Milled heads, enhanced short block, S&B intake.

I personally love the truck to death besides the trans tune that is currently on the vehicle. I'm not sure which tune it is I would have to double check when I got home but I do know that it shifts great when I'm stepping on it to the floor (which I rarely do). When I'm just driving normal it shifts great but I HATE the shift points, 5th gear only kicks in when I hit 55 MPH and wont do it a mile per hour before. It bothers me some because I'm usually driving it around town and not so much on the highway (usually 40-45mph roads) and I feel like my fuel consumption is crap because of it. What trans tune would work good for me as a daily driver? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. BTW I wont be really towing with it for the time being until I get a new 4 place triton snowmobile trailer and even then it wont be pulling heavy (in a year or two).

Currently I have no clue if I have custom tunes or regular tunes but what would you guys advise me to go with? I want a nice reliable truck and don't plan on racing it, but enjoy the power from time to time. Please help and provide me with some input!

Also- How do I go about updating and changing my tunes? should I go with custom or reg tunes? I need to get this addressed!

Thanks,

sootie

Reaction score
sounds to me like you are running the canned H&S tunes. I moved to custom tunes for the exact reason you are describing as well as i wanted a cleaner engine tune. Personally i would try Gear Head custom tunes and report back. You will need to purchase an MCC unlock code. I bet you will fall in love with the truck again.

fubolislif22

Reaction score
sounds to me like you are running the canned H&S tunes. I moved to custom tunes for the exact reason you are describing as well as i wanted a cleaner engine tune. Personally i would try Gear Head custom tunes and report back. You will need to purchase an MCC unlock code. I bet you will fall in love with the truck again.

Where can I get these "gear head" tunes? Are they pricey? I'm definitely interested in trying it! Any more information on these tunes would be fantastic! And what trans tune would I wanna configure it with?

Thanks in advance! :thumbup:

sootie

Reaction score
call No Limit fabrication for the tunes. They will come with a trans tune that you will love.

fubolislif22

Reaction score
call No Limit fabrication for the tunes. They will come with a trans tune that you will love.

I looked them up on the web, how much do these files cost? Its listed as $225 but then with the added option of an auto trans (+75) and MCC unlock code (+200) it comes out to be like $500? Seems kinda pricey?? Am I missing something or is that correct? I really wanna get these tunes but the price is outrageous.

Which link is the correct one?

http://nolimitfabrication.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=93&product_id=347

or

http://nolimitfabrication.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=93&product_id=340

Thanks,

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
The first link is the right one. You need MCC tunes for H&S. The other link is for SCT devices.

Call them and talk to Mike, he is part owner of this site and will treat you right.

Latest posts

Members online