H&S Question

bigaF250

Reaction score
First off not bashing anybody by any means.
Is the H&S trans tuning really this bad is my transmission just on its way out? Has some really weird shift patterns and every now and then it likes to slam gears. I don't rod it around everywhere I go, other than getting on the interstate. I just am wondering if a trans is in line for next year or are Gearhead tunes in line now? It does it in all tunes in the HD300 file, and it is random as it comes and goes. Also when the tq convertor locks, sometimes it starts to lock then slips for a second then locks, gives the whole truck a real nice jolt. I'm sure a question like this has been answered but I haven't been on here in quite a while and don't feel like searching for days for an answer.

stroke4fun

Reaction score
I never had any issues with the HD300 and shifting try reloading it or changing the trans program.

Daniel@RudysDiesel

Reaction score
Ite getting time for a tranny mine was doing the same thing 3 weeks ago and then the tranny went to sh!t. Looks like the 6.4 is your build toy from your sig. Just start building it now

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
The H&S tunes run just fine, there are tweaks that can be done to limit smoke/increase power/define shifting strategies slightly....But no the H&S files wont make it run bad.

Matt does an awesome job of taking the MCC software and perfecting everything for YOUR truck. That is the difference between H&S and your custom tuners. He is going to perfect the little things that are not possible to perfect when you are tuning for 10 different motors, all sorts of tire sizes, and drastically different parts installed on them.

Sounds like you either need to let it go through its learning process and clear up or reload the tune. If those don't work, save for a transmission

jdgleason

Reaction score
I don't buy that H&S trans tuning doesn't cause issues....

Just about every trans I sold that was destroyed had H&S tunes associated with it. Had a friend with H&S tunes on a truck for just a couple months that dusted a trans that was otherwise healthy. Even watching threads on here, seems that a good handful of guys that are having trans problems are not running custom tunes.

strokinKR

Reaction score

Just about every trans I sold that was destroyed had H&S tunes associated with it. Had a friend with H&S tunes on a truck for just a couple months that dusted a trans that was otherwise healthy. Even watching threads on here, seems that a good handful of guys that are having trans problems are not running custom tunes.

That's a bold statement. There's only 3

strokinKR

Reaction score

That's a bold statement. There's only 3 tuners people really run so odds are yeah they were running H&S when it went out.

MrMike2010

Reaction score
My truck hates h&s trans tuning. I've tried every shift schedule and it drove similar to what the op stated. One tune at around 50 mph would lock and unlock the converter every 30 secs. Pretty sure that 40 mile commute to work put a severe hurting on the converter. After that I Went to gearhead and have no complaints. He even tweaked it a few times to get it perfect.

I also ran spartan tunes for 50k miles and I have to say the 210 was by far the best trans tune I ever had. The higher tunes shifted good although they were a little harsh, I blamed that mostly on not having ladder bars at the time.

Dzchey21

Reaction score

I ran a basically unmodded trans tune in the race truck for a long time...

jdgleason

Reaction score
That's a bold statement. There's only 3 tuners people really run so odds are yeah they were running H&S when it went out.

You're right lol it is. A tuned 6.4 came in to my buddy's shop last week, and I happened to be there. The truck needed clutches, and had a cracked low reverse hub. 45k miles and it had h&s tuning on it.

Every trans I sold at elite I would ask... Easily 2:1 h&s over everything else.

Dustin - your trans was built and there's probably less than 15k on that trans, right?

jdgleason

Reaction score
Got a call from a member here a couple weeks ago about a trans.... Thought I'd double check with him after reading this.

ta8aba4e.jpg

Latest posts

Members online