H&S Street Mileage

zack birge

Reaction score
So here's my situation, I bought my truck back in April. Was averaging 18-19 easily. I tuned and deleted it and it seems the max I can get out of it is 15-16 lately. I've tried different tire wheel combos and nothing. I'm wanting to hear experience with mileage from running the street tunes. I have only been running the race tunes and was thinking about putting my factory exhaust on and going back to te street tune.

bricewise

Reaction score
Sounds like you got a lead foot. After H&S I saw mileage improve by 1-2 mpg. After I put on lift and 37s I'm now averaging around 16.

zack birge

Reaction score
Not really, I drive pretty sane. I have a 45 mile commute each way. I just want to stay around the 18 range. Not 15-16. I've bought custom tunes from numerous companies and basically washed my money away on them. None have helped at all.

bad12jr

Reaction score
Are you going off the lie o meter? And not trying to be an @$$ but your driving a 3/4 ton truck and complaining about mileage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

TripleE44

Reaction score
Are you going off the lie o meter? And not trying to be an @$$ but your driving a 3/4 ton truck and complaining about mileage.

But the mileage going down is what he is saying. Typically when you tune/delete these trucks, mileage increases.

OP: My dad has been complaining about the same thing with his 2011 after I convinced him to delete it. He has only been going off the dash though.

bad12jr

Reaction score
I'm wondering if changing the tuning is changing the dash number or a calibration.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
My normal street driving actually gained about .5 MPG hand calculated.

Highway was roughly a 1.7 MPG gain.

35" Tires on 22" American Force Wheels

Cant complain, my 13 is a heavy truck

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
My normal street driving actually gained about .5 MPG hand calculated.

Highway was roughly a 1.7 MPG gain.

35" Tires on 22" American Force Wheels

Cant complain, my 13 is a heavy truck

mine isnt! mine has every option and only weighs 7600 with half tank with amp steps.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
mine isnt! mine has every option and only weighs 7600 with half tank with amp steps.

Ive got a few pounds on you buddy haha.

Traction Blocks, ALA's, and full Trussed Front & Rear Axles with Dual Race Runner Shocks Up Front and Piggybacks all around start to add up the pounds quick!

bricewise

Reaction score
Whats a set of OUO front and rear trusses run? Have had some interest on them but didn't see anything on RCD website

zack birge

Reaction score
No my stupid dash readout is always wrong. I'm going off of hand calculations. 3/4 ton 1 on or 1/2 ton whatever. I was gettin old mileage now it's less that's my point. Being a 3/4 ton doesn't matter

zack birge

Reaction score
I'm trying to swap out my 22's and 35's for some stock tires and wheels. Maybe it'll get back to normal. I've lost quite a few miles per tank lately. I think I'm going to put my factory exhaust back on tonight and run the street tunes for a while.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Ive got a few pounds on you buddy haha.

Traction Blocks, ALA's, and full Trussed Front & Rear Axles with Dual Race Runner Shocks Up Front and Piggybacks all around start to add up the pounds quick!

nobody can keep up with you !!! i need your job !!!

Rowdy

Reaction score
My truck has 20" BMF's, 35" Toyo's, Icon 4.5" lift with 4 link and OUO traction bars. Me in the truck and 1/4 tank of fuel weighted in at 8100lbs. I stay around 15 with a heavy right foot. If I set my cruise at the speed limit it will stay around 18.5-19mpg.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Just drive the thing and enjoy it. How much fuel could you buy with the money spent on multiple sets of wheels and tires?

Rowdy

Reaction score
That's what I wish I was getting. I baby mine to keep it between 15-16

Just realized yours is a 2013 so you are prolly running the new H&S tunes 6.7.31. There has been some complaints about the new tune feeling slower and getting worse mpg. I read some where that H&S is coming out with a 6.7.32 to eliminate these problems. I never loaded the .31 tune cause I read that some didnt like it and wanted to go back to the .30 tune. I am still rockin the .30 and like how it runs. Do you have it turned all the way up to performance?

Latest posts

Members online