h&s turbo kit, ED turbo, 15 pump

Ross@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
Well we have a customers truck in the shop that we are trying an experiment on to see if we can get over 600. Truck is a 2012 with 100k miles on it and it blew the turbo (go figure). So since he is a good friend of mine I told him I want to try something different from the everyday set up. So with that said we have the H&S turbo kit without turbo, a custom engineered turbo from chris which is a s400 frame billet 63mm (cant remember turbine side), and a 2015 stock pump, and stock lift pump. Personally I think we should hit the 600 mark easy but we will see. Chris B at truck source is going to tune the truck as he always tunes all our trucks here. I will try and update with pics as this gets going. right now im just waiting on the powdercoat to get finished up and the turbo to arrive and then its game on. If there is something specific you want to see along the way let me know and ill try and snap a pic before my guys get to far ahead.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
it'll make 600 , just not much more and tax the $hit outta the pump to do it. sounds fun , good luck !

jcain

Reaction score
Doesn't really look like the cold piping (intercooler to heada ) will clear an s400 frame from the pictures?

Ross@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
Doesn't really look like the cold piping (intercooler to heada ) will clear an s400 frame from the pictures?

i sure hope it does! but this may be another reason for the thread to see if the turbo will fit properly or not. Also to mention this truck is on 37's so making 600 is going to be a bit more challenging but I still think we can do it

HS-MotorsportsZane

Reaction score

Depending on the turbine housing used it might clear. When designing the pedestal, we did try and make it as low profile as possible. I guess they will see when they get it together. That being said we have been experimenting with a bunch of different turbo configurations lately on this kit, and we should have a few different options here coming up soon. Possibly even a custom S400 frame turbo with 72mm to 84mm billet options.......

Ross@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
Depending on the turbine housing used it might clear. When designing the pedestal, we did try and make it as low profile as possible. I guess they will see when they get it together. That being said we have been experimenting with a bunch of different turbo configurations lately on this kit, and we should have a few different options here coming up soon. Possibly even a custom S400 frame turbo with 72mm to 84mm billet options.......

I think chris b was txting you about this yesterday actually. that's awesome to hear that yall are trying new set ups as well. I gotta ask though why the open housing instead of a divided housing?

HS-MotorsportsZane

Reaction score
The open housing was engineered around our custom turbo and the way it performs at certain rpm levels on a V8 diesel engine. In testing it yielded very good results over a divided set up on the data logger, and drive ability characteristics. We have been testing the last month with various turbo's and turbine housing configurations. (boxed, open, divided etc, even a divided pedestal) We are planning on offering a divided pedestal here as another option for certain applications, or people that feel they may require that. I don't have an exact time right now as it is in the foundry's hands at this point, but it is in the works.

Ross@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
well yesterday we got it on the dyno at TSD and it made 600hp on the dot before it started to drop rail pressure. We did however find out that the truck was very laggy and didn't respond well. There was a miscommunication between us and the turbo builder and found out it had a 74 turbine. SO with that we are switching to a much smaller turbine set up and we will see what that will do. I will say the run though was very clean and when it did light the power was instant!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.