H&S Turbo Kit questions

Reaction score
I am looking at doing a turbo swap on my truck and the H&S kit really looks like top quality! Does any one know what the specs are on the turbo though? Compressor size? Turbine Size? A/R? All I can find is spool or sport and I would like to know this so I can compare between other manufacturer's kits such as Elite, Midwest etc.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
The H&S turbo kit's are basically their custom made S300 frame turbo that's been upgraded internally and has a 64.5mm compressor wheel. As far as the differences in the "spool" and "sport" option, I believe it's just changes in the a/r housings on the turbine side. These are very well made kits and the spool version drives very well on stock fuel.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
What Cody said. Keep in mind H&S has a lot more options that are very close if not ready to send out. I have the turbo Cody mentioned and love it.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys! I heard the borg warner turbos can't handle the quick spooling 6.7's so i am assuming H&S has the 360 degree thrust bearing in them? Anybody know what size turbine wheel it is? I was looking at elites kit and they use a precision 6466 which has a 64mm compressor and 66 mm turbine with a 0.81 a/r. after comparing elite's dyno graph to h&s it looks like the h&s turbo comes alive sooner even though i think it has a bigger turbine and a/r.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys! I heard the borg warner turbos can't handle the quick spooling 6.7's so i am assuming H&S has the 360 degree thrust bearing in them? Anybody know what size turbine wheel it is? I was looking at elites kit and they use a precision 6466 which has a 64mm compressor and 66 mm turbine with a 0.81 a/r. after comparing elite's dyno graph to h&s it looks like the h&s turbo comes alive sooner even though i think it has a bigger turbine and a/r.

Call Dallas at H&S

Reaction score

Has nothing to do with borgwarner. They offer options from the factory with 360* thrust. It's all about getting the right turbo for your application. I've personally driven precision/elite, h&s and t-4/borgwarner kits on 6.7's they are all comparable when spec'd similar and all have their pro's and cons. It's all about what you want and who you prefer.

8446d11f33eda45e9021f61cb208a245.jpg
. Sneak peak of our kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HS-MotorsportsZane

Reaction score

Our custom S300 turbo's are not a 360 degree thrust bearing, we have hundreds out there now with no thrust problems. We do offer that option however for people who may need it, mainly in a compound set up. Turbo balancing is key to bearing life in a turbo, and Pius who builds these custom cartridge's for us may know a thing or two in this area:) That being said we have extensively tested many turbo configurations on the 6.7, from compressor size/design, turbine sizes, and many different a/r ratio's. Testing has been done on the dyno with real world data logging equipment so we could gather every bit of information possible. (Compressor discharge temperatures vs, RPM, E.G.T differences, spool under load conditions, peak torque vs RPM, just to name a few). Then from there went to daily drive ability and towing. At the end of the day our goal was to achieve producing the highest quality system on the market with the best "real world" overall performance. A truck you could still have fun with, and you could use as it was meant to be used without having to think it was any different then stock. I just let my wife drive it if I need to know how close to stock style performance it is:) The a/r number doesn't really help the end user in a real world scenario unless they may be building a custom compound set up, at which time there are a few more calculations that go into that. The end user should be able to call the manufacturer and tell them what they want out of the vehicle, with the manufacturer having done extensive testing on their product to recommend the best combination for them without just trying to make a sale. We do take pride in trying to have the best customer service in the industry as well as a quality product. Once again thanks to all who support us, and if you ever have any questions about trucks or products, please feel free to contact us:)

Reaction score
H&S Turbo Kit questions

Thread title is pretty clear Morgan. Try and act like a professional.

Our custom S300 turbo's are not a 360 degree thrust bearing, we have hundreds out there now with no thrust problems. We do offer that option however for people who may need it, mainly in a compound set up. Turbo balancing is key to bearing life in a turbo, and Pius who builds these custom cartridge's for us may know a thing or two in this area:) That being said we have extensively tested many turbo configurations on the 6.7, from compressor size/design, turbine sizes, and many different a/r ratio's. Testing has been done on the dyno with real world data logging equipment so we could gather every bit of information possible. (Compressor discharge temperatures vs, RPM, E.G.T differences, spool under load conditions, peak torque vs RPM, just to name a few). Then from there went to daily drive ability and towing. At the end of the day our goal was to achieve producing the highest quality system on the market with the best "real world" overall performance. A truck you could still have fun with, and you could use as it was meant to be used without having to think it was any different then stock. I just let my wife drive it if I need to know how close to stock style performance it is:) The a/r number doesn't really help the end user in a real world scenario unless they may be building a custom compound set up, at which time there are a few more calculations that go into that. The end user should be able to call the manufacturer and tell them what they want out of the vehicle, with the manufacturer having done extensive testing on their product to recommend the best combination for them without just trying to make a sale. We do take pride in trying to have the best customer service in the industry as well as a quality product. Once again thanks to all who support us, and if you ever have any questions about trucks or products, please feel free to contact us:)

I apologize. I was not trying to take anything away from h&s kit. It is a fantastic kit. And the turbo works just as intended. I don't think I said anything unprofessional. I saw our name along with elite was mentioned in the op's original question. Since it was posted in the open 6.7 aftermarket section I don't think twice about it. I was merely trying to extrapolate on the turbo sizing and specs being handled by the people building the kits, not on what you read in a borgwarner catalog. If I stepped on anyone's toes I am sorry.

50_shooter

Reaction score
I apologize. I was not trying to take anything away from h&s kit. It is a fantastic kit. And the turbo works just as intended. I don't think I said anything unprofessional. I saw our name along with elite was mentioned in the op's original question. Since it was posted in the open 6.7 aftermarket section I don't think twice about it. I was merely trying to extrapolate on the turbo sizing and specs being handled by the people building the kits, not on what you read in a borgwarner catalog. If I stepped on anyone's toes I am sorry.

*** this Cathy guy. He ****z on a lot of the threads you are in and I don't understand it.

Reaction score
Why do all threads have to resort to bickering? Lets keep these threads informative and helpful for everyone please!

Latest posts

Members online