H2e vs Turbonetics vs Irate

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Thanks for the imput. i hate having buyers regret wishin you bought something else.

I did that last night. Drove away in it. Luckily for me it shat itself down the street from his house, so I took my money back.

Jakes kits are top notch.

907DAVE

Reaction score
The TN setup is BY FAR the nicest T-4 mount for the 7.3.

I would like to see anyone beat their price too!!!!

97f350stroker

Reaction score
I just ordered Jake's kit last week and ill be runnin an s465 with no waste gate paired up with 250/100's. So far I've ordered all my stuff from Jake his customer service is top notch and from the research I have done his kits appear to be top quality.

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
I just ordered Jake's kit last week and ill be runnin an s465 with no waste gate paired up with 250/100's. So far I've ordered all my stuff from Jake his customer service is top notch and from the research I have done his kits appear to be top quality.
unwastegated with 250's? are you going to be concerend with the DP with the injectors?

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I was running the exact same setup on my truck as 97f350stroker and I can tell you on my hot tune from swamps the wastegate WAS needed. Although I was running a .90 housing. In 1st through 3rd I ran out of rpm before the back pressure was more than boost pressure but in 4th and 5th I was using the wastegate to limit backpressure. I had mine limited to 10 pounds more than boost pressure.

I would think in an automatic that didn't loose boost on the shift like I did with my zf-6 it would be needed even more.

I know you can always step up in exhaust housing size but with the .90 my turbo started to light off around 1600-1800 rpm. Great when I was towing.

V-Ref

Reaction score
Drew

I think you're doing well asking up for opinions here.

My 2 cents for free...

Jake's
+'s
WG option (potential growth to compound setup is there)
Post purchase/install support (Jake picks up the phone quicker than TN :))
coatings/colors
Oil return fitting=clean/neat
Can be made to be 1000% "bolt in" with X, Y, or Z turbo.

TN
+'s
cost (with sale pricing)
Polished piping looks pretty darn sharp
Directions 2nd to none
fit and finish is incredible
If you need it to be 1000% bolt in with no issues, than you might need to ask guys running TN kits, what turbos they're running, and what "tweaks" they did to run X, Y, or Z turbo. That TN kit was made to be "bolt in" for the mid frame TN turbos, but will accomdate others, but you might run into a bump or two on the intake, fuel sys, DP, hot side pipe fitment etc depending on the specific turbo you decide to run. Easy stuff, just research first.

I'd say it comes to the WG deal. If you wanted to be able to "tweak" with a single setup, or thought that maybe down the road both batteries deserved to be next to each other on the drivers side, and big turbo needed to be where the passenger battery was, than Irate would be the ticket.

If you knew you were going to keep your truck to a "street smart" single setup, than the sale pricing on the TN is a great bet too.

It's pretty incredible that our "old" trucks have these two off the shelf options; at the price point they're both kits are available at it's even more remarkable IMHO.

Latest posts

Members online