Had to get towed...

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Well on Sunday my airdog 2 threw a fuse. The only thing I could find that may have caused it was the rubber gasket on the back of the deutch connector at the motor was loose. so I thought that possibly water got in it and shorted it, popping the fuse. So I cut that connector out and put heatshrink butt connectors in and replaced the fuse.

Drove it home Sunday, and drove it Monday and tues without issues. Sitting at the atm this afternoon I felt it miss alittle and I looked up to see my fuel psi gauge at zero.

I called pureflow but they were closed. So I called rcd (whom I purchased it from) and travis called the number they have for pureflow without any luck. However he said it needs a new motor and that pureflow had a bad batch of motors.

so I had to have AAA tow it home. all of my friends with trailers weren't around.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1343266829876.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1343266829876.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 155

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Airdogs "heavy duty" harness and fuse holder. And yes it was the proper 20 amp fuse.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1343266922479.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1343266922479.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 159

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Ya it is deffinitely a hassle. I will call pureflow in the morning and see what they say. I had plans on putting the truck on the rollers Saturday at the diesel shops dyno day too. Hopefully they can overnight me a new motor. And I am going to make an actually heavy duty harness for it.

And btw that chevy was dogging towing it home lol

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
airdog needs to re-engineer their design. They need a 10 gauge wiring harness with good quality fuse breakers. Also the pumps running 100% duty cycle all the time doesnt exactly make a motor last long in continuous duty.

:flush:

Sucks to hear Kevin.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Well airdog wasn't much help. I was supposed to put the truck on the rollers Sunday and then tow the boat Saturday but airdog won't overnight me a motor. So who wants a airdog 2 with a new motor and 2 tanks of fuel through it.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Wow what a joke, but it doesn't surprise me. If you need any help let me know.

imelmo

Reaction score
Ya it is deffinitely a hassle. I will call pureflow in the morning and see what they say. I had plans on putting the truck on the rollers Saturday at the diesel shops dyno day too. Hopefully they can overnight me a new motor. And I am going to make an actually heavy duty harness for it.

And btw that chevy was dogging towing it home lol

Well airdog wasn't much help. I was supposed to put the truck on the rollers Sunday and then tow the boat Saturday but airdog won't overnight me a motor. So who wants a airdog 2 with a new motor and 2 tanks of fuel through it.

Well that sucks. I was about to post how good their customer service was. They were very helpful when mine went out a while back. And they overnighted it to me as I requested, although I did pay for that shipping.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Well the piece of chit airdog 2 took a dump again today. Luckily it was in my driveway but come on this is getting old. Went out and started the truck to let it warm up, came back out to the truck off. Real great for the injectors.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Ya I should have just done a reg. return and aeromotive from the start. I was just being lazy not wanting to do a regulated return with the cab on lol bit me in the ass I guess

chappy

Reaction score
550852_512519878775827_1806392941_n.jpg

I had to go rescue a friend with a goose neck friday because his 6month old airdog 2 went out. had to have a rollback come load it onto the trailer though. His ended up being the pump motor was completely full of diesel.got another one on and its running again. looked like its been leaking for awhile but somehow kept working. I feel bad for anyone that spent money on them damn things. Like the 6.0s don't have enough problems and now you have to worry about when your AD2 is gonna go out on ya.

Last edited:

Lowdown89

Reaction score
My buddy has had the fuse pop 2-3 times now on his AirDog on his 6.7 dodge and just like you the customer service was a joke.... He found a guy selling a used one and bought hat but is looking to replace it with something better soon

Ross@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
sounds just like airdog, oh wait and let me guess the all famous quote you got from them is "we dont know whats wrong with it but its not our pumps, we flow tested them here and it worked great!" thats the typical line that i hear every freakin time. honestly im suprised they dont have a lawsuit on them yet for how many times its left people on the side of the road countless times and then they say its not our pump

FreddyM

Reaction score
so if not the airdog 2, who else is having luck with anything else?
was about to buy an airdog 2 in the next month, but i guess ill look at aereomotive or fass..?

Extended Power

Reaction score
Aeromotive IS the only reliable pump setup in my opinion.

Went through 3 FASS electric motors on their 150/180.
I sold it with the 4th new motor...

I'm still on my first Aeromotive pump...

SickStroke6.0

Reaction score
PureFlow does have some pretty sucky service. Not gonna lie.

But, a lot of these issues can be fixed with an upgraded harness and a sump.

AKHILF

Reaction score
I havnt looked into the upgraded wiring harness. Is it one you make yourself or something you buy? I Would like A sump. Since this new pump I have a less than 1,000 miles on it. Over the last 2 weeks, I have seen my gauge drop for no reason to zero, then shoot right back up like nothing happened. Didnt feel a loss in power or anything. It was weird. But to the customer service, I called them up told them I did not send in my card they said thats ok I was still in my 1 year. End of question sent a new pump to me the next day. So I'v had great service but that only goes so far when you have to keep using it over and over.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.