MINK

Reaction score
update..

They sure look pretty!
207201_572611789438336_593580461_n.jpg

Strokersace

Reaction score
Meant golf cart! HAHA!

They're just so stretched out cause the rim is too wide for the tire. Looked like a golf cart. Be prepared for them not to wear well. That is if you don't change it up soon!

BTW, those tires setup on the rim size they're designed for wear awesome and are dang good rubber. Went from a terra grappler to a set of these on ky dads truck and they're doing great!

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
Meant golf cart! HAHA!

They're just so stretched out cause the rim is too wide for the tire. Looked like a golf cart. Be prepared for them not to wear well. That is if you don't change it up soon!

BTW, those tires setup on the rim size they're designed for wear awesome and are dang good rubber. Went from a terra grappler to a set of these on ky dads truck and they're doing great!

They will wear just as good on that 12 wide as "the wheel they were designed for".

Strokersace

Reaction score
They will wear just as good on that 12 wide as "the wheel they were designed for".

So you're saying that they will wear evenly across the tread stretched like that, but if you put too wide of a tire on a narrower rim it'll wear out the middle every time and not evenly? How is it any different on the other end of the spectrum?

Why would tire manufacturers give you a "recommended" wheel width for optimal tire wear then if it doesn't matter?

MINK

Reaction score
So you're saying that they will wear evenly across the tread stretched like that, but if you put too wide of a tire on a narrower rim it'll wear out the middle every time and not evenly? How is it any different on the other end of the spectrum?

Why would tire manufacturers give you a "recommended" wheel width for optimal tire wear then if it doesn't matter?

Recommended is 9.5-11.5....I've been running 12.50 tires on 12" wheels for years now with no issues or awkward wear. Thanks for your help.

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score

My tires wear evenly and they are not on the recommended wheel width by far. Even worse than minks. Don't believe everything you read.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Recommended is 9.5-11.5....I've been running 12.50 tires on 12" wheels for years now with no issues or awkward wear. Thanks for your help.

No need to get worked up! It's whatever floats your boat.

I've never ran a 12.5 on anything more than a 10" wheel. The wear was perfect. Ran a 12.5 on a factory 7" wheel and it wore the centers out. Also ran a 285/75r16 which I think is somewhere around 11 wide on a 10" wheel and they had awkward wear. No matter what air pressure was adjusted to. But all of this was done with more sidewall than you're running. So that's where I'm basing my comments from.

If they wear good, great! You'll love those tires. We sure do.

MINK

Reaction score
No need to get worked up! It's whatever floats your boat.

I've never ran a 12.5 on anything more than a 10" wheel. The wear was perfect. Ran a 12.5 on a factory 7" wheel and it wore the centers out. Also ran a 285/75r16 which I think is somewhere around 11 wide on a 10" wheel and they had awkward wear. No matter what air pressure was adjusted to. But all of this was done with more sidewall than you're running. So that's where I'm basing my comments from.

If they wear good, great! You'll love those tires. We sure do.

Not worked up by any means although that doesnt mean I wont voice my first hand experiances vs. non any day.

The tires look better than I expected, I think they will work well for what I want.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
not the greatest in the mud, kinda loose on wet pavement, great in the snow.

take the time to rotate them every oil change, and i got 60k out of my last set, with 35% tread left.

i don't tow every day, but when i do, i'm usually grossly overloaded.

they can be a challenge to balance. have them balanced normally, which will not get it 100%, then have them put equal beads in it. i don't let them put weights on the outside of my wheels, just the inside.

run your fronts about 5 psi under rating, and your rears about 10-15 psi low, will give you the best wear, but if you go lower than that, psi wise, it will feel like the truck is shifting under you in the turns. this is not a tire you can run lower to get a better ride.

just some observations from a guy who has 100k+ on this brand tires. i love them

mandkole

Reaction score
Thinking about these in 305 55 20 and bringing this back up-- how do these tow? Stable or squirmy?

Also, are they true to size? If they are small may consider a 325..

Anymore updates?

Latest posts

Members online