Hard bang when hitting the road anymore...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Hard to explain...

Truck has 330k on it, well taken care of, but I have towed at least half of those miles, and many of those WELL over the rated weight capacity.

Rear springs are shot I am sure, but I dont think this is a spring issue...

When you get on some of the rough roads we have out here in the PNW it almost seems like the cab is bottoming out on something. It physically HURTS sometimes. Keep in mind I have had 4 back surgeries so I am pretty sensitive.

I've thought the cab bushings have needed replaced for quite sometime, but have not done it yet. The cab and bed lines do not line up.

I guess I am rambling here, but any WAG's on this issue?

bad12jr

Reaction score
I'd guess combo or spring, cab and sway bar bushings. Then shocks/ springs and frame fatigue ( flexed out ) similar to a race car.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Jomax

Reaction score
I'd check cab mounts. Funny way to check them. But I have my brother stand on the running board and rock the truck. While you're under the truck you can physically see the cab mount move.. they're bottomed out and are now metal to metal.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
id go with cab mounts joe.. if it jars you that bad then that cab woukd have to be loose.. i would think the rest of the truck would absorb a harsh bounce like that if the cab is tight.. but i guess ihave seen weirder things on these ole girls..

live life full throttle

ghohouston

Reaction score
Id give a good look at the sway bar links and bushings. Try tightening the links too, ive seen trucks where the links felt tight by hand, but you put a socket on em, and tighten quite a bit.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Id give a good look at the sway bar links and bushings. Try tightening the links too, ive seen trucks where the links felt tight by hand, but you put a socket on em, and tighten quite a bit.
i doubt they could jar bad enough to hurt his back though.

live life full throttle

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Sway bar bushings are newish, end links are all PMF just a year ago or so...

It also feels like its coming from the rear. Dont notice it unless I am towing.

boggerr

Reaction score
Most likely your rear cab bushings. Try picking up on a rear corner of the cab, see how much movement you get but with the body lines being off they are going to be bad.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.