Hard Start With AE Data Attached

DcMoore

Reaction score
So the search button was no help and I've been banging my head against the wall over this.

06 6.0 hard starts all day after the first start, but starts right up within 5 minutes or so.

Recent (6 months) new hpop, lpop, oil rail nipple orings, dummy plugs, standpipes, and injector orings. Last weekend the fuel and oil filters were changed and of course oil. Archoil 9000 was added to the 5w40 syn oil.

As noted in the data file I saved from AE the oil pressures and IPR percentage seem to be right on and the ficm voltage is 48 while cranking. I pulled the secondary fuel filter cap and cranked on it, no bubbles what so ever. I also performed a cylinder contribution test and buzz test which both came up inconclusive.

I can perform an air test on the oil system but I see no reason, I don't have the stuff to test fuel pressure while the truck is running but I probably need to buy the tools anyways.

I'm not sure what to do next but I'm thinking the injectors are bad. I uploaded an excel version of the data log but I can email a csv version if y'all need. Thanks!

Attachments

• Ford-PowerStroke 6.0L-2006-June 27 2016 excel version.xls
    98.5 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

webb06

Reaction score
I would air test high pressure oil system. Sounds like you have a leak somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.