Have a few questions?

Corys6.0

Reaction score
I have Bonestock 2004 6.0. From what I read they all have block heaters correct? It doesn't look mine has the cord though? Not a big deal looks like the cord can be had for $25. The truck has the high idle mod though which suprised me as soon as I tap the break it goes away. Does that mean the high idle mod was done through a tune or what? I am fixing the regulator housing this week with the blue spring mod so I would like to get the cord and get it plugged in its starting to get cold. I did 2 bottles of Rev X last week on the oil change.

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Some trucks didn't come with the block heater. Make sure it has the element in the block or you'll need to buy it also. And the high idle is factory.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

ToddEdge

Reaction score
What exactly is the high idle setting/mod? Does this just make it idle high when the motor is cold?

Thanks - Todd

ToddEdge

Reaction score

I noticed yesterday when it was real cold(38 degrees) that when I started mine, it idled about 750rpm for about a minute and then jumped up to 1000. When I hit the throttle, it would come back down for a few seconds and then return to the higher setting. After driving it for a few miles and getting it up to temperature, it returned to the 750rpm idle. Am I safe to assume this is the high idle mod/setting?

When it is idling high, do I just need to let it warm up or can I take off and just go easy on it until it is up to temperature?

Thanks and sorry for the newbie questions...

Todd

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
All that is perfectly normal. And I'm a firm believer of letting an engine warm up (at least until the needle starts to move) before I drive.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
All 6.0s have in their programming to hi idle after idling for a bit, under something like 60deg eot or something like that, it will only drop back to normal odle after the brake is hit. As far as block heaters go, do check that the element is there, but id be surprised if it wasnt. Cant say ive seen one yet without an element, tons without cords, but they had the element. The elemet for the block heater will be right above the starter.

Socom

Reaction score
Yeah my truck will high idle if its cold outside, I always wait for the needle to move before driving. After it moves it usually warms up pretty quickly.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
All these trucks have the element, just some that were built for non-cold states didn't have a cord.

Koda22

Reaction score
yea mine had the cord on it, and I felt that I read somewhere that said 03-04 trucks came with it, but could be wrong. But I will say you really gotta look under the truck to find it. as for the high idle, like said the truck comes that way, if you wanted to you can hook up a high idle switch to were you can control when its on and off, weather its cold or not.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.